RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Senior Database Administrator/ETL Developer in Brooklyn, New York (NY).
The Senior Database Administrator/ETL Developer collaborates with business units and data owners to successfully implement and maintain the enterprise level business analytics and data warehousing solutions for the Special Education Office (SEO) related to the client application and associated environments. This includes working with suppliers to aggregate and integrate data from dozens of sources throughout the agency. One translates business requirements from across the agency into data design requirements and subsequent data models and ETL code. The Senior Database Administrator/ETL Developer optimizes performance and error-handling within ETL products. This resource will have a fundamental impact on the agency's ability to provision services to students and to track such provision and evaluate compliance with State legal requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, designs, and implements enterprise data architecture domains to ensure alignment of total Enterprise Architecture with business strategies, tools, guidelines, principles, policies, and governance
- Programs and designs DataStage, SSIS projects and packages, web interfaces using .Net, XML and C#
- Programs data queries, data transformation, and loads jobs and data extracts in SQL and PL/SQL - Oracle
- Performs basic Oracle create and update tables tasks, codes stored procedures and tunes large databases
- Ensures that operational and analytical data warehouses support all business requirements for business reporting
- Provides extensive expertise in enterprise data and information management methods and standards
- Uses Relational and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Design Patterns to coordinate the development and creation of projects and project plans and architectural software solutions; and establishes best practice solutions for architectural design
- 8 years of experience as a full-time DBA/programmer designing and coding solutions using Data Stage and SSIS
- 5+ years in ETL development and implementation
- 5 years of experience in a large scale, full lifecycle ODS and Data Mart programs
- Strong knowledge and experience interfacing with ESB MQ Real Time Services
- Ability to design and code complex Oracle SQL and PL/SQL statements
- Ability to perform Oracle and SQL Server DBA tasks
- Ability to design and code interfaces using .NET, XML, Stored Procedures
- Experience in the Special Education/Education domain
- Service oriented architecture experience
- Experience in conventional data warehousing, near real time data warehousing, data distribution architectures, service oriented architectures, global reference data architectures, taxonomies, ontologies and dictionaries
- Excellent communication skills
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.