Designs new electrical distribution system products and develops improvements to existing products. Evaluation of products and processes for cost efficiency and reliability. Leads team to ensure that designs are completed to meet customer needs. Ensures that products, processes, and documentation conform to specifications and customer requirements.
- Designs electrical distribution system (EDS) products to meet all customer requirements and internal design standards.
- Creation of a Bill of Material (BOM) and product designs.
- Works with Sales, Purchasing, and Manufacturing to assess product and processing costs and ensure that program cost targets are achieved.
- Performs in a leadership role in advising less experienced engineers and to carry out management direction.
- Provides proposals on cost/weight reductions to enhance productivity.
- Review of the open issues list with the customer, manufacturing, and purchasing as required to address design/development issues.
- Works with the team to coordinates program timing, part approvals, and master sample reviews.
- Leads status review meetings, design review meetings, and harness trial builds with customer, manufacturing, and purchasing.
- Supports customer meetings and build events.
- Development and maintenance of a program open issues list to track all issues (design, system, manufacturing, purchasing, and customer) which are related to the program.
- Works closely with the Sales, Purchasing, and Manufacturing groups to support future business opportunities.
- Leadership skills – Position requires technical support of all team functions and leadership to address issues from time to time.
- Presentation skills – Ability to present and clearly define the key parameters of the design.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Interpersonal Skills – Must be able to work with others.
- 7+ years of experience in engineering or a related technical area, BS Engineering discipline, Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage DFMEA - Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis, and customer projects.
- Bilingual Japanese or Spanish speaker preferred
- Understanding of Honda development process
- Must also have demonstrated knowledge of vehicle electrical systems, engineering/technical requirements and standards, automotive or vehicle component development, production processes, wire harness assembly processes, and wire harness components.
- General Engineering Office Environment
- Travel up to 20% of time. (International travel is required)