We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Fremont, CA team. This individual will be responsible for leading the design review efforts and recommendations, documentation, establishing methodologies/protocols for on-going operational support and future maintenance and upgrades of IBM WebSphere Commerce websites, mobile and tablet platforms and all related software.
• Responsible for administration and maintenance of a large IBM WebSphere deployment in mission critical production environment with continuous integration and delivery environment with Jenkins Pipelines.
• Responsible for environmental setup, configuration support, application deployment and application migration for WebSphere Commerce, Weblogic, Tomcat and hands on with Jenkins CI/CD pipelines.
• Provide technical assistance in resolving production problems, investigating technologies and recommendations to the Team.
• Work closely with Business Teams and Development Teams to alight with their projects and releases to delivery in timely manner.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Skills, Abilities, Experience & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer sciences engineering
• Experience of minimum 5 plus years of experience in the same field.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in working with IBM WebSphere Commerce Administration
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in working with Continuous integration and delivery using Jenkins
• Hands on experience in DevOps/ Automation, designing reusable platforms, web infrastructure and Open Source
• Hands on experience of WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, Weblogic administration experience.
• Knowledge of Configuration management software Ansible
• Experience in WebSphere commerce environmental setup, configuration support, application deployment using WCBD and application migration.
• Experience in working with Monitoring tools like AppDynamics, CA wily, Real user monitoring tools.
• Expertise in investigating technologies and recommending solutions to meet growing ecommerce needs.
• Experience in Building Automation of tasks and configuration settings to speedup up the process and minimize the manual issues.
• Experience with shell scripting, python or ruby
• Experience in writing playbooks using Ansible software.
• Knowledge of maintaining Ansible playbooks using Ansible Tower.
• Experience in configuring, installing and setting up CI/CD pipelines using the Jenkins
• Experience in managing and administering Jenkins environment and pipelines.
• Experience In handling system performance tuning and monitoring, configuration maintenance (SSL certificate management, JDBC connection maintenance, DB tuning)
• Experience in working with Loadbalancing technologies like F5 – BigIP and networking concepts.
• Experience with Revision control systems like SVN, Git
• Experience in handling multiple projects at a same time and ability to handle production down situations effectively and should be able to participate in On-call support.
• Authorized to work for any employer in the United States
• Ability to pass a thorough background check
Work Environment, Physical & Mental Demands:
• Ability to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
• Ability to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist, and reach on a daily basis
• Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally
• Must utilize visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer and office equipment
• Ability to work at least 40+ hours per week from the Company’s Fremont, CA office with flexibility based on business needs
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.