A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: We are seeking a Senior Device Development Engineer in MilliporeSigma Process Solution Filtration R&D. The individual will work as a technical leader and apply solid mechanical engineering principles to design and drive prototype conceptualization, develop and scale up processes and validate to final robust processes for innovative filtration products for Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries. The individual is expected to transfer innovative products and processes from R&D to manufacturing facilities to ensure successful commercial launch.
Who You Are:
- Must have a B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with more than 10 years of experience, or MS with more than 7 years of experience, or PhD with more than 5 years of industrial experience in a related technical area.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and lead a team including Manufacturing, Quality, and Procurement functions through development and validation phases to a successful product launch.
- Must have strong fundamental understanding of mechanical engineering principles and material properties.
- Must be proficient in 3D CAD software (Creo, Solidworks, etc.)
- Experience designing injection molded parts, manufacturing equipment, and test fixtures highly desirable.
- Experience developing, optimizing, and validating processes through structured DOE and process modeling highly desirable.
- Ability to read equipment pneumatic and electrical schematics, understand PLC code, and develop/modify prototype equipment highly desirable.
- Knowledge of filtration products, processes and applications would be very helpful.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.