The Senior Director, IT Business Applications, improves business processes and supports critical business strategies by managing the development, implementation, and maintenance of business applications systems in an engineering & manufacturing setting. Responsible for all business applications support across the enterprise including projects/programs. Leads the applications design, development and delivery efforts in support of maintaining a comprehensive portfolio of enterprise applications. Leverages IT solutions and technologies to enable MKS business objectives and strategy achievement. Provides direction for the application team. Develops the overall applications strategy and directs execution of departmental activities. Reporting to the CIO, the IT Business Applications Senior Director will be key member of the IT management team. The position requires building strong relationships with different departments, Human Resources, Legal, Customer Service, Sales, Quality, Engineering, Operations, Service & Repair, and Finance.
- Responsible for managing the support of the Production business applications including system modifications and maintenance
- Responsible for business relationships, application performance, and the identification and delivery of new and existing application services to meet the business users known and emerging needs.
- Communicate with all functional disciplines and gather their business requirements for IT applications.
- Translate the business requirements into IT requirements and manage the resulting demand according to the priorities defined by the business and IT strategies.
- Review/ update the application strategy for technical applications and contribute to IT strategy.
- Manage the portfolio of applications and the life-cycles of the ERP, Shipping, Supplier and Customer integration and Supply Chain business applications, including project roadmap and change management.
- Experience managing CRM Applications
- Knowledge of IT Service Management framework. Experience managing Service Management solutions such as ServiceNow, Remedy, etc.
- Identify solutions and providers, define sourcing approach and manage the providers.
- Contribute to the solution design for applications (in collaboration with external partners and client's IT).
- Provide regular reporting on performance and cost.
- Lead application support and solution delivery resources.
- Define, plan, and direct the execution of a broad range of applications projects, while balancing the competing demands of scope, time, cost, quality, resources, and risk.
- Responsible for establishing priorities and schedules for business application projects
- Manage the budget for applications and contribute to the annual planning cycle.
Bachelor's degree preferred and 10+ years' related experience in IT.
Experience 10+ years of deep functional knowledge and technical knowledge in area of ERP (SAP, Oracle), Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality applications
Experience in Lean and Total Quality Management methods a plus
Experience in IT Operations ITIL-based required
PMO experience a plus
Ability to strategize, plan and implement change
Outstanding ability in managing and monitoring business operations
Possess critical thinking and investigation skills
Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus
Ability to research and interpret relevant regulations, guidelines, and standards
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
Essential qualities include organizational skills, effective time management, and the ability to work independently, attention to detail, positive client service attitude, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to be flexible with changing priorities. Demonstrated ability to work well in and adapt to a team, take direction, follow stated processes.
Strong hands-on management capabilities, leadership, coaching, and people management skills
Possess a strong business and customer/client focus.
Ability to interact and influence variety of users and senior management
Experience with deep understanding of IT Applications and Technology
Very strong collaboration, negotiation, and influence capability required
For positions requiring access to export-controlled technical data, or that are located at facilities where export-controlled technical data is present, MKS Instruments, Inc., may have to obtain an export license from the U.S. government. As such, applicants for this position—except U.S. Citizens, U.S. Permanent Residents, and protected persons as defined in 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3)—may be subject to an export license review process. Employment is contingent upon issuance of the license.