Verisign is a global provider of domain name registry services and Internet security, enabling Internet navigation for many of the world's most recognized domain names and providing protection for websites and enterprises around the world. The Company is seeking a dynamic Senior Director of Strategic Communications to own key marketing channels including content, social media, websites, PR / corporate communications and events.
This individual will identify and act on opportunities within and across business units to collaborate/cross-sell and share best practices that will develop and build brand trust for Verisign's key top-level domains, including .com and .net. This person will drive Verisign corporate product branding and messaging in partnership with Product and Regional Marketing teams. The Senior Director will also formulate programs to anticipate and respond to marketplace dynamics and work with marketing colleagues to develop and execute a cross-channel response strategy. Additionally, the incumbent will lead market research efforts and champion end-user needs across the organization.
The successful candidate will be an expert in brand strategy and development with proven results in building brand equity in multiple regions and/or business units. Preference is a background in marketing to the small business sector and experience leading marketing or communications functions in businesses with key non-customer external stakeholders (e.g., regulatory bodies).
The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment; operate with a strong level of marketing channel intelligence; bring creative ideas and solutions to market communications challenges; understand communication strategies for traditional, web, social and new media; and manage relationships with stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Sets the global strategy for a number of key communication channels and assets including web, social media, events, PR, and content.
- Manages all media relations activities including leading all standard corporate communications efforts (i.e. earnings, news releases)
- Leads and supports all Verisign corporate communications initiatives including managing corporate communications governance bodies. Manages all global PR firm relationships.
- Quickly evaluates and responds to marketplace dynamics with effective messaging or other appropriate response. Formulates broader programs to respond to these dynamics and works in partnership with marketing colleagues to develop and execute a cross-channel response.
- Leads and executes the market research agenda. Drives end-consumer needs into organizational decision-making.
- Leads and mentors a team of 10+ global strategic communication and market research professionals
- Provides subject matter expertise, content and input to executive leadership
Bachelors Degree required; MBA of equivalent Master's degree preferred.
Minimum 12 years required of consumer-oriented, marketing, strategic and brand management experiences preferably with solid experience marketing to the small business sector.
8-10 years experience required operating in a global environment with ability to work effectively and showcase leadership with cross functional teams; track record of managing teams.
Proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, rapidly changing, team-based environment with multiple internal decision makers and stakeholders
Candidate should possess the following: exceptional communication and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to effectively engage leadership at all levels.