Join a team where you make a real impact at your job and in your community!
Our workplace is nested in one of the Best Outdoor areas of the country.
We are currently seeking an Electric Utility Engineer to operate at a senior level in the Hermiston, OR area.
We are proud to offer:
- Generous salary based on experience
- Relocation assistance
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) and defined benefit pension plans
- Life insurance
- Growth opportunities into management
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Best training and orientation programs
- Employee events throughout the year
- Volunteer program
- “Four tens” work schedule
- Backyard access to world-class outdoor recreation areas
The Electric Utility Engineer is a key position that is responsible for providing cost-effective engineering for electric system construction and maintenance with minimal direction. In this Engineering position, you will also be responsible to maintain working knowledge of the UEC substations, transmission, and distribution systems, including design and equipment specifications and operating principles as well as assisting in the preparation of technical engineering studies, reports, and development of construction work plans.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Performs and directs activities associated with creating a construction, system improvement, or maintenance work order package as assigned.
- Participates in activities to ensure the electrical protection of the UEC electric system by developing technical studies and assists in the planning for long-term and short-term construction work plans.
- Provides recommendations for designs of new electric plant or improvements to existing electric plant substations, transmission or distribution lines with minimal direction. Prepares and presents design drawings and project details for approval as requested.
- Prepares engineering report computations, cost estimates, specifications or other engineering details as requested.
- Works closely with other departments in the development of company procedures and work processes; strategic or department work plan initiatives; and RUS engineering and finance requirements for construction work plans.
- Performs outage Tech On-Call duties on rotation; maintains current knowledge of UEC's SCADA and mapping systems.
- Prepares routine technical specifications; identifies material needs and issues procurement instructions for routine projects; reviews and prepares recommendations for new materials/equipment specifications.
- Serves as lead or committee member on various company committees as directed, promoting teamwork between departments.
- Provides information and engineering assistance as directed for prospective and/or planned generation or renewable energy projects in UEC service area.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field
- 7+ years of experience in electric utility or equivalent engineering experience strongly preferred
- Standard electrical engineering knowledge-base of all typical design documentation and plan sets, calculations, scheduling, project fees, coordination of personnel, etc.
- Knowledge of applicable industry standards and expertise regarding equipment such as power transformers, power switchgear, current and potential transformers, grounding equipment and systems, underground and overhead cable systems and electric generation components.
- Basic understanding of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of computer-based engineering analysis programs.
- Demonstrated performance on multi-discipline team projects.
- Ability to produce clear, concise, complete and articulate reports which explain recommendations.
- Ability to develop complete, accurate and detailed modification packages, specifications, drawings and other engineered construction documents.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work with little supervision
- Must live in or relocate to the Hermiston, OR area
Umatilla Electric Cooperative (UEC) is a rapidly growing member-owned electric cooperative located in eastern Oregon minutes from the Columbia River. Our customer loads include residential, irrigation, commercial and industrial – from agribusiness to data centers. UEC operates more than 120 miles of 115 kV transmission line and more than 1,900 miles of 12.47 kV distribution line with substations and switching stations. Hermiston is a thriving city of 18,000 residents, known for trophy hunting and fishing, its proximity to wine country, and its farming, food processing, and energy development economy. Learn more at www.umatillaelectric.com.
If you are looking for a position where your presence makes a difference, please email your resume and cover letter no later than August 12th. Your cover letter must explain why you feel you are a good fit for this opportunity.