Wm. P. Young Co., a non-affiliated company of Plastipak Packaging, Inc., is seeking an eager Electrical Engineer who is able to design, develop, and implement electrical control systems associated with packaging industry machinery.
This is a key member of a core Industrial Engineering team and will have the opportunity to provide significant design input.
- Design and develop electrical, electromechanical, and pneumatic systems and products by conducting research while applying electrical engineering principles.
- Design, implement and debug PLC programs, mainly with AB Logix 500 / Logix 5000 / Siemens Step 7.
- Develop and implement Human-Machine Interface (HMI) software.
- Draw and maintain electrical schematics using AutoCAD.
- Confirm machine and system capabilities by performing feasibility testing.
- Assist with the manufacture of electrical control systems.
- Assure system and product quality based on customer requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of machine operator manuals.
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Comply with current governmental and safety regulations.
- Maintain system and engineering data base.
- Comply with current quality and productivity goals.
- Provide technical training as required.
- 5 years of relevant experience in the machine build industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field preferred
- PLC programming skills required (Allen Bradley Control Logix, AB Logix 5000, Siemens, or Rockwell)
- HMI integration/programming skills required
- AutoCAD drawing skills required
- Must be capable of troubleshooting machine control systems
- Experience with parts lists control
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Experienced in panel and machine tool wiring best practices
- Experience with servo motion control and programming preferred
- Experience in the integration/programming of Cognex Machine Vision Systems is preferred