Founded in 1986, Progressive Design has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi-discipline engineering firms in central Virginia. Possessing vast experience and technical expertise, we deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
Progressive Design is a multi-discipline engineering consulting office supporting manufacturing facilities and clients in the Eastern US with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, air pollution abatement technology and integration, environmental compliance, product design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, wastewater treatment, and discrete manufacturing.
Our Electrical & Instrumentation Department is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer. This is a full-time/direct hire position located in Midlothian, VA – (Richmond, VA area).
Electrical Engineers are willing and able to visit client facilities and discuss problems. They also have the ability to develop subsequent solutions, then write and effectively communicate scopes of work and/or proposals. This is huge – we need people with technical skills that can think on their feet, recognize a client need and offer help. Electrical Engineers need to be able to develop work scopes independently with limited supervision or guidance. Typically, in order to do this, a candidate for this position will need experience in manufacturing to understand the various roles: production, maintenance, planning, HS&E, and engineering in order to know where, within a facility, the information necessary to develop a solution can be found.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing electrical engineering duties on assigned projects including power distribution, machine control design, instrument and control design, and programming (PLC, PC, MMI, etc.)
- Develop bids, proposals, scopes of work, scope changes, correspondence, estimates, schedules, material lists, specifications, theories of operation, programming documentation, design concepts, design drawings and other project documentation per customer and corporate guidelines
- Perform field work and technical research
- Perform technical studies and calculations
- Perform programming and system commissioning
- 5+ years of heavy industrial experience
- BSEE or BSEET
- Design of electrical and control schematics
- Specify equipment/instrumentation based on a clients’ description of his idea or written scope
- Specify medium voltage equipment, such as, MCCs, power transformers, distribution panels, etc.
- Working knowledge of NEC, BOCA and other codes related to design
- Familiar with instrumentation and its applications
- Working knowledge of AC/DC Drive technology and integration
- Experience in Class 1/Division 1 settings
- Experience in electrical and instrumentation design in hazardous location/NEC Article 500
- Experience in project estimating
- PE Registration
- Experience in an industrial chemical processing environment
- Current working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Current working knowledge of MS Project
Benefits:We offer a fast paced, exciting work environment with a competitive compensation package including: Health Care Benefits, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, 401k with Company Match, Paid Overtime, Performance Based Bonus, and Tuition Reimbursement.