Location: Hudson, NH
FARO Technologies, Inc. is continuing to develop new products that will revolutionize and disrupt the high-tech measurement and imaging industry. We are a global company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange with a passion for excellence and success.
FARO Photonics develops cutting edge industrial laser processing solutions for cutting, marking, scribing, annealing, welding and projection. Used across a wide variety of industries including commercial, medical, solar, automotive, military, semiconductor, textile, construction and metrology. Laser processing enables flexible and dynamic configuration of factory process, or unique markings on each unit such barcodes. Leveraging unique capabilities of galvo based high speed beam steering and related technologies these products perform with exceptional positioning accuracy at bandwidths up to 10 times greater than traditional servo motors. Our advanced software and controls allow precise coordination of laser, automation accessories, and real time processing of parts even while moving on factory conveyors or operating on the end of robotic arm. Intelligent, flexible, networked controllers and process verification provide exceptional value to the smart Industry 4.0 factory.
We are seeking an innovative and motivated Senior Electro-Optical Systems Engineer for our Research and Development team. The candidate will lead product development and design improvement efforts with a team of talented optical, mechanical, electrical and software engineers. This position is located at our Hudson, NH location.
This position requires:
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- 8+ years of work experience
- Proven track record of leadership, project organization and innovation
- Demonstrated creativity, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Broad exposure developing integrated optical, electrical and mechanical systems
- Drive development process from evaluation of customer requirements, concept through production release
- Experience modeling and analyzing complex systems with software such as ZEMAX, ANSYS, SolidWorks.
- Self-motivated, organized and hands on
Desirable experience (pluses):
- Optical lensing systems, image processing
- LASER projection and/or beam steering systems, LIDAR, precision optical encoders
- Familiarity with LED, photodiodes, photomultiplier, CCD, CMOS optical sensors
- Control systems, signal processing
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, process control, tolerance studies
- Automated test and data acquisition
- Six Sigma, Design for Manufacturing
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Lead new product development efforts and innovate solutions to leapfrog competitors
- Perform system design and develop novel metrology and laser processing equipment
- Design advanced motion control, sensing, beam steering, imaging and measurement technology
- Develop Labview, Matlab and other automation technology
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only care for our employees, but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities
- Wellness fairs
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events
With more than 26,000 installations and 13,000 customers globally, FARO develops and markets computer-aided coordinate measurement and imaging devices and software. Portable equipment from FARO permits high-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and compound structures within production and quality assurance processes. The devices are used for inspecting components and assemblies, production planning, 3D documentation, as well as for investigation and reconstruction of accident sites or crime scenes. They are also employed to generate digital scans of historic sites.
Principal products include the world’s best-selling portable measurement arm – the FaroArm®; the FARO® Laser Tracker ION; the FARO Laser ScanArm®; FARO® Laser Scanner; the FARO® Gage; and, the CAM2 family of advanced CAD-based measurement and reporting software. FARO Technologies is ISO-9001 certified and ISO-17025 laboratory registered.
If you have a winning history of sales success and a passion for high-end technical products, please apply today. As an employee of FARO, you will become part of a dynamic organization which values quality, leadership, teamwork, honesty and openness as a way of life in conducting our business.
FARO Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace with Pre-Employment Drug Screening. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V #LI-KN1