We are seeking an innovative and motivated Senior Electro-Optical Systems Engineer for our Research and Development team. The candidate will lead product development and design improvement efforts with a team of talented optical, mechanical, electrical and software engineers. This position is located at our Hudson, NH location.
FARO Technologies, Inc. develops products that revolutionize and disrupt the high-tech measurement, imaging, and laser processing industries. We are a global company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange with a passion for excellence and success.
FARO fosters a culture of innovation and an absolute commitment to reliability at all touch points. We encourage employee success by offering excellent benefits and a variety of career and training opportunities. FARO is completely focused on productivity, efficiency, innovation, integrity, teamwork, accountability and a friendly work environment.
This position requires:
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- 8+ years of work experience
- Proven track record of leadership, project organization and innovation
- Demonstrated creativity, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Broad exposure developing integrated optical, electrical and mechanical systems
- Drive development process from evaluation of customer requirements, concept through production release
- Experience modeling and analyzing complex systems with software such as ZEMAX, ANSYS, SolidWorks.
- Self-motivated, organized and hands on
Desirable experience (pluses):
- Optical lensing systems, image processing
- LASER projection and/or beam steering systems, LIDAR, precision optical encoders
- Familiarity with LED, photodiodes, photomultiplier, CCD, CMOS optical sensors
- Control systems, signal processing
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, process control, tolerance studies
- Automated test and data acquisition
- Six Sigma, Design for Manufacturing
How you will make a difference at FARO:
- Lead new product development efforts and innovate solutions to leapfrog competitors
- Perform system design and develop novel metrology and laser processing equipment
- Design advanced motion control, sensing, beam steering, imaging and measurement technology
- Develop Labview, Matlab and other automation technology
FARO has excellent benefits. We not only care for our employees but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities
FARO is a great company with excellent benefits for you and your family.
FARO Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace with Pre-Employment Drug Screening. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V (M)