Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
- We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
- We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
- We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
- We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
The position is responsible for designing network security concepts that effectively mitigate network security risks, while accommodating complex operational needs.
The incumbent will design and implement network security controls in accordance with network security concepts to ensure secure, resilient, available networks that adequately safeguard information assets of SES, its affiliates and commercial platforms.
The position holder will also provide IT security related project support and internal consultancy within the organization as well as for customer related projects.
- Plan, design and document network security concepts that effectively mitigate network security related risks, while accommodating complex operational needs
- Plan, design, implement and document network security controls in accordance with network security concepts, including multi-vendor firewalls, VPNs, IDS/IPS, web proxies, email security gateways, web application firewalls, network access control, etc.
- Define network security policies that balance mitigation of information security risks and operational needs
- Plan and perform complex operational tasks, such as hardware and software upgrades, enhancements and configuration changes of the network security infrastructure in cooperation with the IT Operations team
- Provide third line support for the troubleshooting of operational problems of the network security infrastructure, and escalate to vendors if needed
- Lead network security projects as laid down in SES’s information security strategy and deliver them within time, cost and scope.
- Support the development and promotion of information security policies, standards, processes and procedures and monitor compliance to the information security policy framework.
- Support the detection and analysis of information security incidents and manage adequate responses to information security incidents
- Review network security controls and provide specific recommendations to mitigate risks
- Perform information security audits and vulnerability assessments and support the management of vulnerabilities
- Provide clear, concise, timely and constructive recommendations regarding information security in all areas related to network security
- Mentor junior team members and provide them guidance and training
- On-call duty as required
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivating with proven ability to deliver on complex and time critical tasks/projects
- Good project management and organization skills
- Ability to effectively interact with organizational stakeholders
- Understand all stakeholders in the information security process and possess the ability to explain security rationales and controls to non-technical audiences
- Ability to understand business requirements and work towards solutions, both autonomous and in teams
- Excellent team player and ability to work in international and interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills, ability to establish well-written, structured documents (e.g. designs and infrastructure documentation
- Minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of eight years industry related experience in a large heterogeneous environment
- Good knowledge and experience in Operating System (Windows and Linux)
- Solid theoretical background and strong practical experience in network security architectures and defining efficient and effective network security concepts
- Strong, hands-on knowledge of and experience with the implementation of network security controls, including (next generation) firewalls, web proxies, IDS/IPS, web application firewalls, VPN, Network Access Control, …
- Good knowledge in network communication concepts and principles, including routing and switching
- Sound understanding and experience with network protocols/technologies such as: IPv4, IPv6, TCP/IP, HTTP(S), SSL, IPsec, 802.1x, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, Spanning-Tree and the ability to perform troubleshooting of networks and associated devices
- Relevant vendor certifications, general security certifications and knowledge of the satellite industry are a plus
- Solid knowledge of IT security threats, vulnerabilities, security technologies, controls and best practices
- Fluency in English, any other language is considered as an asset
- Willingness to travel internationally
- NATO/EU SECRET clearances are considered a strong asset. Candidate must be willing to undergo a security clearance procedure as this position might require holding security clearance
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency necessary as this position requires ITAR access
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. In conformity with U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), certain positions may require U.S. Citizenship, status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a “protected individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.