We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Enterprise Systems Engineer (VMware / Cloud) on a three month consulting to full time direct employee basis. In this role, the Enterprise Systems Engineer will:
- Deploy and maintain applications and environments that utilize automation, orchestration and monitoring toolsets in a VMware / Cloud production environment.
- Oversee aspects of infrastructure integration with concentration on VMWare Cloud environment that includes configuration of new and existing systems on multiple platforms.
- Performs the installation, design and tuning of operating system/hypervisor, hardware, and all related peripherals.
- Automate, facilitate and manage virtualized workloads in internal and external clouds.
- Automate provisioning, deployment and configuration of virtual infrastructure.
- Monitor and administer servers in cloud and on premise.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
Installing, configuring and supporting VMware vSphere / vCenter Server 6.x in a production environment (experience with VMware vSphere 6.5 a plus).
Resolving VMware Networking and Storage related issues.
Patching / updating VMware vSphere Host servers with VMware Update Manager.
Troubleshooting issues with VMware hosts and vCenter servers.
Troubleshooting performance issues using monitoring tools (VMware Operations Manager or Solar winds).
Hyper-Converged products such as HPE Simplivity servers is a plus.
HP Rack Mount and Blade servers.
Public Cloud (MS Azure or Amazon Web Services).
Citrix Netscaler Appliances and Citrix XenDesktop 7.12.
VMware NSX or Network Insight a plus.
VMware or Citrix Certification are a plus.
Willing to participate in the weekly on-call rotation to provide off-hours support.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. No Third Parties - We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.