A member of the preconstruction team who is responsible for preparing budgets, estimates, and pre-bid packages for construction projects to be built for clients under the CM at Risk guaranteed maximum pricing structure. Responsibilities also include working with the project management team in establishing a bidders list, soliciting and evaluating subcontractor proposals and scopes of work, preparing quantity surveys and reviewing project plans and specifications for constructability.
- Our Client is a full service commercial construction company with extensive experience in both the public and private sectors. They are consistently ranked as one of the largest and fastest-growing general contractors in South Florida.
- The Client emphasizes accelerated career growth, mentoring and professional development, highly competitive compensation and benefits, state-of-the-art construction technology/processes and a truly fun, family atmosphere. In fact, they were recently named by the Sun-Sentinel as one of the Top Workplaces in South Florida, and one of the Best Companies to work for in Florida by Florida Trend magazine.
- Performs accurate, thorough and timely quantity takeoffs using company format, detail and coding for all CSI division systems for all levels of project documents (schematic, design development, construction documents).
- Develops accurate and concise clarifications and assumptions with project management team's assistance.
- Obtains clarification on plans and specifications from architects and engineers when necessary.
- Solicits and analyzes subcontractor and vendor pricing input when required.
- Actively participates in project site pre-bid meetings, site tours, and post-bid interviews as required.
- Develops unit costs accurately.
- Performs technical/plan review when required.
- Considers and understands problems, and identifies appropriate solutions.
- Develops knowledge in building designs, systems and construction materials through available resources and uses this knowledge in guiding the owner to a viable project.
- Accurately assesses and plans takeoff workload.
- Is extremely proficient in all computer software programs used in preconstruction with particular emphasis on estimating software (e.g. SmartBid).
- Provides information to senior estimators/senior preconstruction managers for the purpose of developing accurate and concise clarifications and assumptions with project management team's assistance.
- Develops value management options and provides analysis for each, looks at first cost vs. life cycle cost, and takes lead on constructability review.
- Manages multiple projects concurrently with ability to multitask on all project delivery methods including Design Build, Lump Sum, CM Agency, and hybrids of each.
- Totally responsible for complete project process assuring that all divisions for accounted for.
- Technically competent in all types of MEP scope showing the ability to strategize with subcontractors, design teams and clients and ask questions and provide responses with confidence.
- May assist in purchasing and/or buyout duties on as needed basis and will stay involved with operations buyout process for first 90 days of project.
- On Lump Sum or "hard bids", act as Bid Captain responsible for entire bid process including working with Chief Estimator/EVP on scope assignments, bid calendar, subcontractor coverage, bid day strategy, and bid day summary sheet.
- Terrific opportunity to make a real impact on our company's success
- Personal, professional and career growth.
- Competitive compensation package, including bonus opportunities and comprehensive benefits
- Company culture based on a truly engaged team of professionals that are fully supported by an enlightened leadership team
- Fast-paced and challenging working climate that makes time for plenty of fun