We are currently seeking an exceptionally qualified LEAD ESTIMATOR to work in the Mid-Atlantic region. Aggressive and hardworking ready and willing to help take the company to the next level. Our culture is customer-focused, energetic, and collaborative. We value people who demonstrate a superb work ethic each day, have an eye for detail, and have a positive impact on those around them.
- Estimating: Heavy Civil Work including Roadways and Bridge Construction, Bridge Repairs, Retaining walls, MSE walls, ground improvement, supported excavation, precast arch systems, cast in place structures, earthwork, water, sewer, and storm drain utilities, storm water management systems, concrete, paving, and heavy construction projects.
- Work with the management team to ensure a complete understanding of the scope of work.
- Complete job start packages and convey projects to Production for completion.
- Maintains the bid schedule matrix and schedules all estimating department activities.
- Maintains and expands relationships with customers and vendors.
- Completes all bids on time.
- Review specifications and drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine and prepare scopes of work and required contents of various budgets, pre-con proposals and hard bids.
- Prepare estimates by taking-off assigned scopes of work.
- Negotiate pricing terms with material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Prepare bid general conditions and review with management and production before bid submittal.
- Assist with pricing change orders.
- Maintain and track bid results.
- Provide value added engineering solutions to customers/clients.
- Monitor bid websites for opportunities.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to manage the design build process and work with outside design resources.
- Have thorough knowledge of Mid-Atlantic market and subcontractors with the ability to work with subcontractors during bids.
- Knowledge of Estimating Software such has Heavy Bid or Bid2Win
- Have a thorough knowledge of Federal and State Government procurement methodology. VDOT, MSHA, DDOT, and NCDOT experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Excellent computer skills; experience with Heavy Bid preferred.
- Able to generate take-offs
- Ability to understand bid job instructions and detailed specifications.
- Working skills with Microsoft Office and estimating software.
- Must be goal oriented and a self-starter.
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work in an office and in the field in a fast-paced environment with variable working hours.