Claims Professionals with Property Field Experience --- American National is seeking your expertise!
In today’s market, Claims professionals have the edge. The majority of insurance carriers have more Claims openings than talented people to fill them. With all the options available, why should you choose American National?
American National supports talented and resourceful minds that have a passion for claims handling and creating a customer focused environment. We believe in a solid work/life balance and are committed to providing our team members with a flexible and supportive work environment. Our Property Claims Division offers the ability to work autonomously while encouraging collaboration amongst fellow adjusters and leadership.
We provide benefits that are both anticipated (comprehensive insurance including multiple health options and paid disability, community involvement, and a matching 401k plan) and refreshing (competitive wages, educational opportunities, career growth paths, and annual merit reviews). In addition to these benefits, American National supplies all field staff with a company vehicle, company cell phone and laptop, GPS, general tools and supplies, and CAT pay differential.
- Assume responsibility for First-Party Property claims on personal, commercial and farm/ranch policies.
- Assume responsibility for operation of independent field office.
- Review facts of loss and determine details of coverage via the computer system.
- Determine investigative needs to assess damages, cause of loss, and coverage. Order police reports, fire reports, determine scope of coverage, etc. Document claim file with results of review and intentions for handling.
- Personally contact relevant parties, where possible. Take recorded statement. Explain claims process and coverage. Begin investigation and identify SIU indicators, etc. Document claim file.
- Personally conduct field investigations, unless independent adjuster assignment is deemed in the best interest of the customer and the company. Assess salvage/subrogation potential and monitor to conclusion. Complete risk evaluation for underwriting and claims purposes. Document claim file.
- Prepare field report (including estimate and other documentation, etc.). Document claim file.
- Effectively communicate claim adjustment to all relevant parties, handling to conclusion. Document claim file.
Educational Equivalent - College degree required or equivalent work experience. Insurance training/industry courses required.
Specialized Training – Property claims experience required. MS Word, Outlook, and Excel experience/proficiency preferred. Property software (Xactimate) proficiency required.
Specific Knowledge – Must possess highly developed knowledge of appropriate state laws.
Specific Abilities - Have ability to collect and assess facts, make decisions concerning coverage and liability, and work with insureds, claimants, attorneys and other professionals in an effective manner. Availability to travel to specified locations during Catastrophic events (18 - 20 weeks per year). Physical capability to perform field assessment and evaluation required.
** Location: Colorado Springs, CO **
If your skills and interests align with this opportunity, Apply Today!