Applies extensive knowledge of industry practices in health care decision support and advanced professional concepts to substantial projects, typically at high degrees of complexity.
Involves the provision of patient-level financial and clinical data and analysis to inform the medical center or health system's operational, financial and strategic decision making for Cancer Services. Includes ROI review for capital and value improvement projects, the development of a case-based operating budget for patient volume, detailed utilization projections and gross revenue.
Oversees the cancer service line profitability reporting, cost accounting, and the decision support system integration of clinical and financial data in a patient-centric repository. Provides for the measurement and benchmarking of business operations in relation to best business practices for the healthcare industry and internal business objectives.
- Five to seven years of healthcare Decision Support, or Financial Analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field, with or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with patient financial data in an acute hospital setting; exposure to analysis at both the summary and detail level
- In-depth understanding of decision support systems, with knowledge of business statistics, quantitative methods, relational databases, business development scorecards, data modeling, and performance and profitability analysis
- In-depth knowledge of issues and aspects of clinical finance, planning, financial data management, budget development and business development
- Proficiency in utilizing the tools to produce comprehensive, studies and actionable intelligence
- Advanced organizational and project management skills, and ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule
- Advanced interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead projects and teams and collaborate productively on highly-complex projects with key personnel at all professional and technical levels
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to interpret and convey highly sophisticated technical and financial information in a clear, concise manner, and to make cogent presentations of analyses, reports, and investigation results
- Advanced problem-solving skills analytical ability, and in-depth knowledge of documentation and reporting, with the ability to run highly complex queries and studies, to collect and analyze financial and performance data, and to produce relevant, meaningful reports, analyses, and forecasts
- In-depth ability to work with senior staff and managers across departments, serving as a technical leader and information resource in decision support, and providing recommendations and advice on decision support processes, business and financial issues
- Advanced knowledge/experience with Microsoft Excel
- The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations
To apply, please visit http://jobs.ucsfmedicalcenter.org/ and search for job ID number 15098.
UCSF Medical Center
UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital