The Senior Firmware Engineer is a hands-on design position engaged in the firmware development and sustaining of products supporting anti-theft and asset management devices in a retail environment. As part of a cross functional team he or she has the responsibility for designing, implementing, testing, and supporting firmware controlling embedded processors in both wired and wireless networks. He or she will apply knowledge of embedded software, communications protocols, basic electronic circuits, signal processing, and wireless networks to perform their daily design tasks.
- Firmware Engineer is responsible for the development of embedded software system development. Responsible for providing substantive technical assistance in software development projects, including the design, coding, and testing of all embedded software system components. The position reports to the Senior Director of Worldwide Systems Engineering.
- Responsibilities include: Specifying, designing, implementing, releasing, and supporting embedded software products for R&D software development department. Participates in embedded design projects from concept to production; Develops utilities, using Visual Basic or C/C++, in support of the embedded system development process;
- Supervises junior level developers or contract personnel in a senior level design/development role; Leads small interdisciplinary teams in completion of embedded software engineering project.
- Writing and executing Engineering / System test plan-cases
- Bachelors of Science or equivalent foreign degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent field
- 6 years’ experience as an embedded software engineer
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Five (5) years’ experience with C/C++ and embedded real time C.
- Experience with Embedded RTOS Experience with 32 bit microprocessor architecture;
- Experience developing boot code power on self-test Experience developing broad support packages
- Knowledge and experience with In-Circuit Emulators and Logic Analyzers and Linux/Unix or comparable OS experience
- Experience with product specifications, systems analysis, microprocessor based systems, and firmware design
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.