Senior Group Lead Maintenance
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
- Schedule, coordinate and assign tasks to department personnel based on priorities to ensure stations are covered utilizing specifications, blueprints and job orders.
- Inspect building, departments and machinery in order to generate work requests.
- Assist and direct workers in all phases of maintenance and repair to machinery and assigned department equipment.
- Work with internal and external resources to complete Corporate and plant special projects or CIPA projects.
- Coordinate with Production Management to identify equipment issues prior to premature failure. Perform preventive maintenance as required.
- Communicate with Department Manager any machine problems, product issues, personnel issues, status of work in progress, scheduling changes, and special complex problems as they arise with the department that my affect the overall operations of the maintenance department or manufacturing operations.
- Work with and communicates with external vendors regarding equipment, parts, and necessary external support.
- Interpret and communicates company policies and procedures for workers and enforce safety regulations
- Participate in process improvement teams
- Perform the duties of the Department Manager when Manager is not present or available
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work weekends as needed
- Ability to read drawings, blue prints and machine diagrams related to industrial equipment under their assigned department(s).
- Ability to use a computer to look up parts by number, name or bill of materials
- Ability to perform intermediate basic math to maintain inventories
- Ability to make decisions and have problem solving skills
- Five (5) years of mechanical maintenance experience
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (800) 545-3278 Ext 3370 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.