Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: Springfield, OH, US
Employment type: Undefined term
POSITION TITLE: Senior HR Generalist
REPORTS TO: HR Manager
This position will partner with and provide HR services and related support to assigned business area to encompass all functional areas of Human Resources. This position will assume responsibility as an expert for assigned discipline of Human Resources within the Human Resources group. The person will develop a full understanding of assigned business area and represent the interests of the business area within the Human Resources group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes and maintains source documentation pertaining to termination, employee status changes, compensation, etc. for entry into the HRIS database.
- Assists in recruitment and staffing needs such as workforce planning and interviews.
- Coordinates new employee set-up including new hire orientation, training and other local requirements.
- Train and advise managers on organizational policy and procedures as it relates to both salaried and hourly employees including; assisting managers with performance management, coaching and counseling regarding application of policy, and annual performance reviews
- Provide support on HR programs and initiatives such as performance review process, training, and benefits open enrollment.
- Is proficient in company policies and procedures and is able to apply policies and procedures effectively.
- Creates an environment of positive employee relations, maintains confidentiality, establishes trust and credibility, perceived by employees as approachable, balances business needs with employee needs, and spends significant time interfacing directly with employees and management.
- Recommends process improvements for improving data quality and process efficiencies.
- Assists with local facility programs as needed.
- Provide excellent service to employees, vendors, etc.
- Assists HR department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures, and responds to general inquiries from employees.
- Collaborates with, and provides back-up support to other members of HR team.
- Focus on continuous improvement in HR to align with company goals.
- Maintaining compliance with all state and federal laws in regions including wage and hour laws; updating forms, policies, procedures as needed
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field with three (3) to five (5) years' Human Resources experience required. Must have the ability to relate to individuals at all levels within the organization and be able to objectively coach, counsel and guide both managers and employees through complex, difficult and emotional issues. Must be able to research and analyze various types of data. Must be able to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems, and must be -directed and self-motivated. Must be a collaborate and comfortable working in a matrix environment.
#MONUS #CBUS #NXT
- Donation-Matching Program
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Stock Options
- Tuition Reimbursement