Title: Senior HR Manager
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Senior HR Manager will provide HR leadership to our North American Commercial Operations, which includes field Sales, Technical Service, and Shared Services organizations. As a key member of the business leadership team, this role will focus on creating and implementing HR programs that allow our essential Customer interfacing groups to provide world class solutions to our Customers.
Provides Human Resources services that include initiatives to recruit and retain talent, create a training and development environment and promote a culture of employee engagement. Specific areas of influence include employee relations, compensation/salary administration, organization and development, performance management, training, EEO/AA compliance, and special projects. Participates in the development of strategies for business unit and/or Human Resources function. Interfaces with senior level management in assuring the delivery of all Human Resources initiatives.
- Act as HR business partner within area of responsibility. Serves as the point person for Senior Management.
- Advise leadership on all Human Resources issues and initiatives impacting the organization's business goals and objectives.
- Drive performance management initiatives including training members of the leadership team across the business.
- Partner with business leaders to increase employee engagement.
- Manage labor relations and contract negotiations with local Union. Provide contract interpretation and administration support to management team. Oversee and administer the grievance process. Provide advice and expertise to management team on labor relations strategy and maintaining a healthy relationship between the Company and the Union.
- Act as coach to managers on employee performance, employee relations issues and other people management programs.
- In conjunction with corporate leadership, develop communication and change initiatives to align employees with the business goals and objectives and to address employee concerns.
- Develop and manages talent acquisition/ retention programs and work force planning initiatives and facilitates the business unit succession planning processes.
- In conjunction with Corporate HR resources, ensure compensation and benefits programs are in place and managed to support established goals and objectives. Leads the development of organizational assessment initiatives to ensure effective structure and processes are in place.
- Provide leadership to establish a high performance team-based culture with emphasis on ensuring diversity.
- Provide leadership and guidance to ensure performance metrics and performance guidance processes are in place. Provide support to the management team for developing talent management strategy around talent assessment, succession planning, coaching and development.
- Ensure compliance with all employment laws/regulations.
- Supervise administrative and/or HR staff to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of progressive experience working as an HR Business Partner with experience in all generalist areas of HR support, including talent acquisition, performance, talent management, compensation, HR systems, processes and procedures, succession planning, employee development and training, employee relations and other HR areas.
- 5 years of labor relations experience, including negotiating collective bargaining agreements.
- 3-5 years supervisory/management experience in an HR role.
- Proven experience as HR Business Partner with a history of working with senior leaders at a manager level and above.
- Superior collaboration, coaching and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Strongly interested in people and the business, within the context of providing direction and leadership that supports the Company’s mission & business strategy.
- Demonstrates accountability and holds other accountable.
- Exceptional skills in coaching and counseling at all levels, performance management and recruiting.
- Demonstrates skills/competencies in: critical thought process and systems thinking analysis/ problem solving, planning and decision-making.
- Experience delivering training and communication programs, and making presentations to senior management
- Experience with job evaluations and preparation of job descriptions.
- Understanding of employment law and diversity/EEOC compliance and promotion.
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates ability to effectible lead through change and improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrates integrity and maintains confidentiality.
- Strong PC skills with MS Office, HRIS systems.
STERIS is a $2B+, publically traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
STERIS has developed our new Career site to be accessible to all users. If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
Job Segment: Medical, HR, HR Manager, Field Sales, Manager, Healthcare, Human Resources, Sales, Management