The Senior Manager, HR Operations is responsible for ensuring HR processes are accurate and in compliance with internal policy and external regulatory requirements, as well driving continuous improvement in the area of HR Operations, HRIS and Benefits Administration. You will ensure the day-to-day HR transactions are executed timely and efficiently, leveraging technology while ensuring an experience consistent with the Mezzetta values and HR strategy.
In addition, you will partner with the HR Business Partners to ensure annual processes (such as Talent Review, Performance Management, Engagement surveys etc) are enabled accurately and efficiently through improved use of technology & HR data.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Company Mission and Core Ingredients:
- Crunchy Crunchy: We are hungry for excellence.
- Own It: We think and act as an owner – with appetite, initiative, and responsibility.
- Connection: We build authentic relationships that foster trust and open communications.
- Vibrance: We come to work eager and passionate about fulfilling our vision. When we share our work, we share a part of who we are.
HR Process Management and Execution
- Ensure efficient processes are in place to manage the day-to-day HR transactions associated with hiring, onboarding, employee changes and off-boarding.
- Manage and monitor the timely and accurate electronic filing and retention of employee records.
- Drive continuous improvement and leverage technology to increase speed, accuracy and efficiency, while maintaining a positive and compelling user experience.
- Partner with HRBP’s to drive process improvements, while ensuring the established transaction processes meet the needs of business stakeholders and are easily activated.
Budget and Planning
- Establish systems, processes and tools to enable monthly budget updates and accurate forecasts for the HR department.
- Ensure the HR invoices are processed timely and accurately – drive the reconciliation of budget updates to support accurate forecasting, Long Range Planning (LRP), and periodic budget submissions.
- Partner with Finance to ensure accurate Headcount and labor cost reporting as needed.
- Responsible for setting up systems, processes and tools to accurately track and report on labor related metrics (headcount, costs etc.)
HRIS, Audits & Reporting
- Establish systems and processes to ensure the timely and accurate updates and maintenance of HRIS data in key systems to include but not limited to ADP, Cornerstone (performance management tool) and other HR systems.
- Establish regular processes to audit HRIS data and benefit vendor payments.
- Develop reporting and/or dashboards that deliver meaningful information to the HR team and key business stakeholders to effectively evaluate organizational key metrics.
- Coordinate with Payroll and Accounting as needed to ensure pay and other cross-functional related processes are well in place, ensure proper checks and balances, differentiation of duties and meet standard audit and security protocols.
Benefits Administration & Compliance
- Partner with VP, HR to support the annual review and renewal of benefit programs.
- Contribute to the development of benefit related employee communications.
- Establish sound relationships with benefit broker(s) and service providers to enable rapid response to issues and questions as needed.
- Establish and administer leave of absence details, ensuring clear and accurate communications to the impacted employee and coordinating details to the Payroll Department related service providers.
- Respond to general benefit inquiries and/or facilitate the resolution of issues with internal and/or external benefits resources.
- Keep up to date on HR compliance requirements and implement updated and/or new internal compliance processes as needed.
- Manage the development and submission of timely and accurate compliance reporting, actions and/or record administration to include, but not limited to EEO-1, Vet-100, 5500’s, SPDs, I-9 records, Sexual Harassment Prevention Training etc.
- Monitor and update as needed the regulatory postings at all US based Mezzetta office sites.
People Management & Development
- Supervise the HR Specialist to ensure the efficient execution of the HR Operations & Administration activities.
- Coach, develop and provide actionable feedback to drive optimum performance and ongoing development.
- 5-7 years of HR administration experience to include accountability for one or more key HR processes and the responsibility for HR technology implementation(s) or upgrades.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Human Resources, or related field
- PHR or SPHR desired
- Profient in HRIS solutions, ADP WorkforceNow preferred
- Experience driving continuous improvement in a variety of HR administrative areas
- Demonstrated abilitiy to think strategically and translate plans into efficient processes, systems and/or projects & initiatives
- Strong knowledge of CA and US Federal labor/employment laws
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills with experience in presenting ideas and influencing at a senior level in the organization.
- Familiarity with various types of benefit plans and experience in administering enrollment, plan activations etc.
- Strong analytics, attention to detail and financial acumen
- Experience in compensation is desired
- Strong working ability with Microsoft Office suite applications including Excel to conduct analysis, KPI management etc.
- Able to interact with a variety of different individuals demonstrating sound interpersonal skills and business judgment
- Travel occasionally (5-10% estimate)
Since 1935, we’ve been on a mission to bring a little extra happiness to everyday life and inspire connections over food. We select the finest ingredients the world has to offer, craft premium products made with love, and never settle for shortcuts. We believe that when we share our food, we share a part of ourselves — and that’s the only way we’d put our name on it.
Today, our small family company has grown into a national leader in specialty olives, peppers, and sauces under the leadership of CEO Jeff Mezzetta, and our commitment to quality has never wavered. With an 80-year legacy behind us and a bright future ahead, we’re seeking passionate, driven candidates to help us bring our cherished family traditions to a new generation.