Location: Downtown Chicago
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Senior Human Resources Business Partner, you will ensure the execution of HR policies and strategic initiatives within the supported line of business, assist managers and employees with day-to-day HR activities and compliance, and work with leadership to ensure HR programs and initiatives are enhancing the delivery of business results. Your years of experience will be put to use maximizing employee engagement and maintaining clear and frequent communication on every level.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Understand corporate strategy and partner with the corporate team to build a comprehensive agenda to support the local organization
- Coordinate local implementation of corporate initiatives including engagement surveys, talent and succession management, and training
- Deliver people processes to ensure employee capabilities meet current and future standards within an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance
- Administer and assist in the development and implementation of the performance management cycle; provide guidance and direction to leaders with an emphasis on coaching, counseling, policies, procedures, and standards
- Provide input into the design and development of company-wide HR initiatives and programs to ensure they are aligned with business needs
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, Communications, Psychology, or related field
- 5 years of experience in HR
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project)
It’d be great if you also have:
- PHR Certification
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.