At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems has multiple openings for Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leads to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. These positions will be located in Baltimore, MD, and placement will be commensurate with qualifications.
This individual will lead a cross-discipline engineering team typically ranging from 5-25 people and interface with Engineering & Program Management, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Mission Assurance.
- Lead and direct cross-functional engineering teams during proposal, design, manufacturing, and delivery phases of products in development and production phases
- Support proposal development and new program acquisition efforts
- Interpret statements of work assigned by program leadership
- Develop and execute to project budgets and schedules, including Earned Value Management System (EVMS), critical path management, Estimates-at-Completion (EACs), and workload forecasts
- Interface with functional departments to secure team staffing
- Work with suppliers and be able to articulate project requirements
- Brief internal and customer leadership on progress of work assigned
The selected candidates will perform in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team settings. The selected candidates are expected to be self-motivated, highly-organized, and detail oriented and possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or STEM-related discipline with 14 years of experience, or 12 years with aMaster's Degree and 9 years of experiencewith a Ph.D
- Candidate must have good communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and good oral and written presentation skills
- Leadership experience should include at least five of the following: project planning, cost and schedule management and tracking, technology management, risk management, performance reporting, proposals, manufacturing support, vendor selection and management, hardware specification, and program staffing.
- Experience in RF, Electrical, Digital, Power, or Mechanical Design System Architectures. Software candidates with a strong background in project management will be considered.
- Active and current Secret government clearance, U.S. Citizenship is a pre-requisite
- Experience as Technical lead, Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead, or other leadership role in a program office or business function with demonstrated team building, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Experience as a Control Account Manager (CAM) managing Earned Value Management System (EVMS) projects
- Experience directly managing or leading engineering teams
- Fluency with developing and executing project schedules
- Basic understanding of the Design, Manufacturing, and Test process
- Problem-solving experience in a team environment
- PMP certification a plus
- Active and current Top Secret government clearance a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.