RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client that is immediately adding a seasoned Senior Network Engineer (ISE) to our staff in support of our client's enterprise network technology project in Austin, Texas (TX).
We're looking for strong team players with great communication skills and the ability to explain complex solutions in a simple way. The successful candidate will have proven ability to resolve complex technical problems, multitask, and be dedicated to customer success. A willingness to adapt, overcome and succeed in a constantly changing business and technical environment is necessary. This role provides in-depth security reactive troubleshooting expertise to large customers.
The role has the following duties & responsibilities:
- Provide network problem resolution, root-cause analysis
- Interfaces with all levels of CSEs, NCEs, SEs, VARs, OEMs, end-users & internal engineering departments
- Interfaces and provides technical updates to customers including executives
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Provides systems/product training
- Provides guidance & leadership to less experienced engineers
- Acts as a focal point for large account network problem resolution
- Connects with customers and partners across functions and boundaries to achieve significant results
- Earns the confidence of customers and is able to use the confidence to achieve results
- Solves extremely complex problems where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of factors with imaginative and innovative troubleshooting and experimentation, as well as evaluation of intangible variables
- Is a technical expert in a broad area covering multiple technologies; Applies expected product behavior across industry practices; Knows how the technology is expected to work in the industry
- Collaborates with engineering on complex product and software issues, driving resolution of specific bugs
- Four-year college degree in Computer Science (or similar)
- 2 - 6 years of experience since it's a Mid-level role
- Strong diagnosis and troubleshooting skills
- Should have hands-on experience implementing Cisco Advanced Security Products (ISE 1.x and 2.x, ASA, FirePower, AnyConnect, AMP, Umbrella, SD Access, and DNA)
- Strong knowledge of security services, networking, security policy and consulting
- Experience in installing, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network security solutions and related monitoring skills including L2/L3 network devices, Network Admission Control, Firewalls, VPN Solutions, Web Application Firewalls, Content Filtering and NetFlow Analysis
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.