The Senior IT Systems Engineer is responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center’s Information Technology (IT) infrastructure, as well as recommending and implementing technology and processes to improve system uptime. This individual shall assist in developing, implementing and maintaining a virtualized environment, disaster recovery systems, oversee, develop and manage IT standards and policies and troubleshoot escalated, severity infrastructure issues.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Planning, Development & Implementation of IT Infrastructure
Participate in activities related to the short-term and long-term plans and the development and operation of Management Information Systems such as:
- Assist in defining vision and goals for the team, and implementing changes to meet goals.
- Develop, implement and maintain a management information systems plan that will meet the organization's goal of providing state-of-the-art information technology-related services.
- Develop a cost-effective plan of all management information services required by the NOMCC.
- Ensure the performance, safety, and security of the organization's management information systems. Plan and manage capacity infrastructures.
- Monitor technology trends to ensure that services meet industry standards and determine modifications and improvements where necessary.
Actively perform and administer IT processes, policies and standards.
- Configure, troubleshoot and manage SAN storage including creating LUNs and replication of storage.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and respond to infrastructure issues and problems; coordinate solutions with outside vendors, users, and information technology staff.
- Provide technical assistance to facilitate the design, installation, modification, and operation of hardware and software.
Develop, implement, evaluate and revise plans to continue network functions at alternate locations in the event of a disaster.
- Coordinate with other engineers to maintain connections for off-site facilities for data archiving, storage and access.
- Coordinate with other engineers to maintain the development and implementation of the disaster recovery plan with management and other personnel.
ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR SUPERVISION
Participate in decisions related to the selection, promotion, transfer, pay, and discipline of assigned personnel.
Orient employees to NOMCC policies and procedures, clearly communicate job duties and responsibilities so individuals may proceed with certainty in the performance of their positions.
Monitor the work performance of assigned personnel, if any, on a continual basis, conduct effective performance appraisals, and take corrective action whenever necessary.
Create a working climate in which assigned personnel are motivated to develop their skills and abilities and demonstrate by personal example the desired standards of conduct and work performance.
Administer NOMCC policies in a fair and equitable manner with regard to discipline, tardiness, absenteeism or insubordination and fully document all incidents and actions taken.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training in a large convention or multi-purpose facility preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Extensive experience with VMware virtualized servers and desktops including Horizon View Proficient in Administration of Active Directory and Group Policy required. Knowledge of Venue Management Software is a plus. VCP certification preferred.
To apply, please visit www.mccno.com.