Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, your strong work ethic and attention to the small details are critical to our success. As the Senior Industrial Engineer, you are responsible for facility layout and design, manpower planning, project scheduling and management, support for new business development and sales, and other tasks assigned to support company objectives.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Identify facility design requirements based on activity levels, product dimensional profiles, and product flow and transportation methods
- Specify material handling and storage equipment solutions
- Identify and specify use of automation where justified
- Identify office equipment and facility up fit requirements
- Create equipment and operating supply lists and provide purchase requisitions
- Develop IT equipment (hardware & cabling) requirements based on activity levels and work content
- Identify tasks and processes required to complete proposed work content
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience in supply chain management, logistics, warehousing or related field
- Experience with project and resource management
- Experience with analytical tools such as flow charts, Pareto charts, cause and effect diagrams, run charts, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO-9001 production environment
- Extensive experience in quality, engineering, lean manufacturing and work cell manufacturing, and best practices in a high-volume production environment
It’d be great if you also have:
- 3PL experience
- APICS certification
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.