Flexential stands for something not often found in the world of IT transformation: the human touch. The best infrastructure solutions aren’t about infrastructure, they’re about people. With a mission to accelerate customer success through people and technology, we build trusted relationships and deliver tailored, value-added and reliable solutions to demonstrate the power of people in a technical world.
- Design, implement, and support SAN and NAS Infrastructure (including installation, configuration, upgrade, patching, and maintenance & monitoring).
- Provisioning storage to servers (Linux, Windows, ESX)
- Installs and configures disk storage systems (SAN, NAS).
- Manages fiber channel SAN switches and directors; well versed in fiber channel, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, IP, zoning and masking.
- Monitors and corrects storage performance issues.
- Migration / Upgrade path for legacy production systems to new platform standards
sdifficult problems and recommend sappropriate actions. Enlists vendor aid when needed.
- Works beyond routine nature of tasks utilizing specialized knowledge and technology.
- Works with Architects to develop & implement complex storage design with considerations of new technologies as well as forecasting customer needs.
- Thorough oral and written communication skills.
- Documents day-to-day and disaster recovery procedures as well as participating in disaster exercises.
- Provide assistance to Linux/Windows/ESX Engineers in troubleshooting disk performance and optimization
- Assist in customer QBR meetings discussing storage architectural solutions and technical capabilities.
- 24 x 7 on-call support with occasional travel required.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- Strong, demonstrated skills in API and automation configuration
- 6+ years IT Experience in Disk Storage Systems Implementation, Design and Support.
- 4+ years experience with EMC hardware; VNX, VMAX, VMAX CE, VxRail.
- 4+ years experience with EMC Software; Navisphere Manager, EMC Secure Remote Gateway, Navisphere Analyzer, RecoverPoint. EMC Control Center.
- 4+ years experience with NetApp FAS.
- 4+ years experience supporting OnTap and related software.
- Experience with Infinidat, Hitachi and Object Storage platforms a plus
- Experience with Virtualization technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field required or equivalent experience.
- Storage related certification or formalized training (EMC/Brocade/Cisco/NetApp)
Why Work with Us:
At Flexential, we value the unique contribution of every team member and believe that through innovation and flexibility, we can delight our customers with best-in-class solutions. We enjoy unique employee perks, such as our employee “get healthy” subsidy which enables team members to experience life to the fullest – enter a race, learn how to cook or skydive, or buy a membership to that boutique fitness place near you - the options are endless!
With our work hard, family-oriented culture, we recognize the importance of celebrating individual and team success. Through employee driven activities organized by our Culture Committee in every region, “we work hard and play harder.” We love to celebrate together with summer BBQs, go kart racing, movie nights, tailgates, and family picnics.