We are looking for a Sr. Internal Auditor to join our growing team!
Although our products are typically underground and go unnoticed by most people, we come to work every day to provide society cleaner, more sustainable, longer lasting water management products that allow people to continue to live their lives comfortably and healthy.
ADS products prevent fields from eroding and homes from flooding. They keep crops growing, roads and airports in use and prevent contamination of local waterways. The work we do is highly valuable to society and vitally important to our environment, our planet, our health and our quality of life.
With a history of breaking new ground and advancing our industry, Advanced Drainage Systems seeks talented people looking to make an impact on a growing, dynamic company. Since our founding, we've built ADS into an industry leader thanks to the work of associates who recognize the vital importance of water management.
The Senior Internal Auditor manages and performs internal auditing for ADS and its subsidiaries. This person performs internal control and operational audits of manufacturing, distribution, and office facilities, at corporate and in the field. Performs and documents testing for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements for Management’s assessment and coordinates external auditors as well.
- Reports directly to the Director of Internal Audit
- Has direct and significant contact with the Controller, CFO, and other senior management representatives
- Has direct contact with all levels of the organization
- Works closely with the external auditors to administer the audit and internal controls
- Actively assists with Management’s assessment of internal controls over financial reporting as required under Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Performs and supervises staff to test effectiveness of SOX internal controls in support of management’s assessment of internal controls
- Assists external audit team with coordination of SOX testing and supporting documentation requirements as requested
- Assists in designing & implementing remediation plans for control deficiencies
- Champion for strong control environment. Promotes effective control design and operating efficiencies.
- Performs financial and operational audits of ADS manufacturing and distribution facilities, field sales and customer services offices, and Corporate departmental function
- Provides written summaries of findings following conclusion of the audit, discussing deficiencies, recommending practical corrective action and suggesting improvements in internal controls. Communicates potential findings, issues, risks, and control deficiencies to relevant parties. Gains stakeholder buy-in on corrective actions.
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Open to travel ~ 10% of the time
The ideal fit for this role will possess the following skills/knowledge:
- 4 to 5 years of current or recent experience in public accounting and/or a corporate financial role
- Public accounting experience highly preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing setting highly preferred
- Strong written & verbal communication skills to interact effectively with employees at different levels within the Company
- Ability to interact with senior management and build & maintain relationships using strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Business maturity to interact with diverse cultures
- Strong teamwork skills
- Understanding of broad operational processes and technical (GAAP) knowledge, including relevant risks and controls.
- Strong knowledge of internal controls
- Ability to identify and resolve issues quickly by developing solutions
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Reasoning, planning, project management and time management skills.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Requires bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Related certification required and CPA certification strongly preferred
- The successful candidate must bring high level of ethical, intellectual, professional, and personal values that complements the team
- A collaborative team player who is confident and assertive in style, but respectful of others. Team-oriented with the ability to build deep relationships and earn the respect of others
- Demonstrated leadership presence and the ability to build strong relationships throughout the entire business
- Possesses relentless passion and tenacity for problem solving with the ability to constructively and accountably translate into actionable and scalable steps with an appropriate timeline
- A critical thinker with a continuous improvement approach to completing work
- Possesses strong technical, analytical, and project & time management skills
- Ability to foster strong team morale and brings fun to the workplace; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.