No of positions: 5
Duration: 1 year + four one-year renewal options possible
Status: Must be Permanent resident or US Citizen
Place of Performance: 100% onsite at Annapolis, Maryland 21401
Must be local to Washington DC metro area (MD, Washington DC and Northern VA)
Experience: 12+ years
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science plus 10+ years of Java/J2EE programming experience.
- Will be responsible for analyzing, testing, debugging and repairing new and existing J2EE applications, and working with other team members to perform systems review and problem solving in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Evaluates business rules and objectives in order to design new object-oriented solution components within an SOA architecture. Prepares and implements automated test solutions for each component.
- Evaluates event-driven integration requirements in order to design new J2EE integration interfaces. Prepares and implements automated test solutions for each new interface.
- Analyzes User Interface requirements in order to design and implement new Web Applications.
- Prepares and maintains documentation for all software development phases (Use Cases, Design Documents, UML, Technical Documentation)
- Packages and configures J2EE components for deployment in high availability environments across Development, Test and Production Environments. Components include web services, EJB, shared libraries, front-end Web Applications and Stand-alone applications. Servers include Oracle Application Server, Web Logic Application Server and Stand-alone AIX Server(s). Configuration utilizes ANT scripts and includes Security configuration.
- Upgrades and migrates currently utilized software libraries to mitigate the risk of bugs and security issues.
- Ability to maintain legacy applications consisting of forms driven C++ code, with the end goal of migrating or rewriting those applications within the current framework and architecture.
- Must be available for 24/7 support of critical J2EE applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, end users and vendor development staff, as well as all levels of management and judicial personnel as necessary.
- Good communication and documentation skills are essential.
- Must have the ability to break down complex concepts into organized and concise units.
- Must be able to work in an agile, self-motivated environment with multiple, concurrent priorities.
- Good knowledge of object-oriented concepts, design patterns and UML notation.
- Solid experience with Reverse Engineering and Refactoring code.
- High level understanding of XML documents, syntax and validations.
- Complete knowledge of the W3C XML Schema (XSD) specifications.
- Ability to quickly evaluate, learn and prototype new technologies.
- The preferred resource shall:
- Have hands-on (mid-expert level) experience with:
- Knowledge of technologies used in existing systems including:
- Knowledge of technologies for new interface and event-driven components:
- Java EE 5, Java EE 6, JAX-WS, XML, XSLT, JPA, JAXB, JUNIT, EJB, WSDL, DOM, SAX, JDOM, SoapUI, JDBC, SQL, JDOM
- Knowledge of the following technologies for WebApplication:
- Continuous integration, deployment and release management tools.
- Packaging and deployment of J2EE applications to Web Logic.
- Some knowledge of configuring/integrating Web Logic with Databases and Identity Management.
- Domain knowledge of NIEM 2.0, ECF 4.0 and court related concepts and business activities.