Senior Java Developer - SolutionStream - (Java 8, Spring, REST)
Do you have a passion for developing cutting-edge single page applications? Do you want to drive microservices? We are looking for Java developers with a need to continue learning the latest and greatest languages and tools.
If you insist on beautiful, clean code, we want to talk to you!
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelors in Computer Science or similar degree AND at least 2 - 3 years of on the job experience
- Local candidates only please, telecommuting will not be considered for this role
- The ability to work as a consultant with a larger team or independently as needed
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to verbalize and contribute to overall scope and strategy of the project
- Own a project from start to finish with appropriate problem-solving skills
- The ability to take criticism and feedback
- Familiar with agile/scrum methodology, it’s our process
Let’s talk Tech stack
- Core Stack is Java 8, Spring, RESTful Web Services API Development
- 3+ years professional software development experience with advanced experience in Java 1.7 with preference for Java 1.8
- Solid Object Oriented Programming Experience
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in Java frameworks available such as Spring MVC, Vaadin, Grails, Hibernate
- Good understanding of front-end technologies such as AngularJS, React, Backbone, Aurelia as well as proficiency in HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance using tools such as Spring Security
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind microservices and scalable applications
- Solid understanding of the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Experience working with cloud service providers like CloudFoundry, AWS, OpenStack, etc.
- Experience implementing test-driven development
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git or SVN
- You've developed full-cycle single page applications in Java
- Ability to author an NPM package
- Experience working with NoSQL databases
- You have one API to rule them all
- You have an active Github profile for projects.