Senior Java (Oracle) Developer
In an effort to meet the needs of our large federal government client, Systems Integration and Development, Inc. (SID), an IT solutions provider located in Rockville, MD, is currently seeking exceptional candidates for a Senior Java Developer for a federal client located in Silver Spring, MD.
SID is looking for a Senior Java (Oracle) Developer who performs in-depth and complex software systems development and analysis with strong senior-level Java development skills.
- Experience in establishing and enforcing development standards and best practices.
- Ability to develop new and/or modify technical and application architecture for new or existing applications
- Ability to lead project development efforts and mentor other developers of varying skill levels.
- Provide support and/or guidance to entire project team during the design, development, and testing phases.
- Ability to develop application data models and work with existing complex data models and object-relational database mappings.
- Development of application prototypes; development and maintenance of application scripts; troubleshooting and resolving technical problems; and adhering to application IT security requirements/tasks.
- Ability to troubleshoot application and/or database performance tuning issues as needed.
- Develops & updates all documentation for new projects and/or any existing projects in an operations & maintenance phase.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team on a variety of projects, resolve problems in a production environment and extend functionality within currently supported applications.
- Add valuable input throughout the development lifecycle
- Resolve reported issues and reply to queries promptly
- Remain up to date on all current best practices, trends, and industry developments
- Identify potential challenges and bottlenecks to address them proactively
- Assist in requirements gathering activities and providing Level of Effort (LOEs) estimation for each requirement for development perspective.
- Participate in group improvement activities and initiatives to improve quality and pursue excellence
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency, at an expert level with a minimum of 8-10 years’ experience, in developing scalable and maintainable J2EE applications within an Oracle 12c web, application, and database tiers.
- Must possess strong understanding and experience leading development efforts
- Experience participating in an agile development team and knowledge of standard Agile/Scrum practices as well as other software development methodologies (waterfall, spiral, etc.)
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Principles
- Experience performing unit testing and integration testing to validation solutions
- Full stack engineer, well versed in the client, business, and data model tiers.
- Strong understanding of core Java
- Experienced implementing web applications using the Spring 4 framework, including Spring core, Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring security, and Spring form tag library
- Strong understanding of web application security principals, and how to prevent and mitigate web app sec vulnerabilities
- Experienced with Hibernate validation framework
- Experienced with JSTL and Expression language
- Experienced with Spring Data, JPA, and Hibernate ORM
- Experienced with version control: Subversion (SVN), and/or Git, and strong understanding of different branching models
- Strong experience is utilizing relational databases (Oracle 12c) along with Structured Query Language (SQL) to create and/or maintain queries, routines, and stored procedures.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to meet assigned development goals with a high quality of output and meet target delivery dates.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Certification in a web application, Object Oriented programing language such as Java is preferred.
- Trained in developing reports utilizing Cognos Business Intelligence software.
- Previous experience with developing customized J2EE workflow applications,
- Data entry applications, law-related business applications, and some level of GIS expertise preferred.
- Experience working in a government client environment
- Hands-on experience with DevOps practices and procedures for large systems with high-availability requirements
- Experience working with GitHub, Maven, Nexus, Jira, Chef or Puppet, CloudFormation, Jenkins or TeamCity, AWS or Azure, etc.
SID employees share a culture that revolves around respect, collaboration, openness, continuous learning, and immense pride in doing good work who have:
- The ability to be self-managing and self-directed.
- A consultant mindset.
- Curiosity and a love of learning.
- Passion for the craft of development.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- A collaborative, team-oriented approach.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent; preferred.
Founded in 1991, Systems Integration & Development, Inc. (SID) delivers state-of-the-art technical IT solutions to public and private sector clients. Our commitment to every customer is to deliver quality, value, and outstanding service on time and within budget. Our goal is to provide highly qualified information technology services to our customers and help our customers stay ahead of the curve, and meet the challenges and needs of the progressive market.
SID provides a progressive work environment with continuous growth, and endorses a collaborative work atmosphere modeled to encourage opportunities from within. SID promotes an environment of continuous learning, allowing our employees to continuously grow and contribute their constant best to the SID team. Our benefits package includes: health, dental, disability, life insurance; paid holiday, paid time off; 401K plan with employer contribution; training reimbursement; metro-check program, etc.
SID is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. For more information on SID, please refer to the website at www.sidonline.com