Requisition ID: 20042
Job Function: Systems Engineering (40000041)
Senior MES SCADA Controls Engineer
- Collaborate with North America Region (NAR) local MES engineering teams to develop, deploy and support common equipment controls standards.
- Work closely with the MES / SCADA engineers on the design, development, implementation and support of the manufacturing shop-floor SCADA equipment controls system, in support of the manufacturing technology platform(s).
- Conduct and coordinate local site equipment controls capability, data content and communication capability of the sites equipment controls and make recommendations and when needed provide hands on expertise in the upgrading of site controls.
- Collaborate with NAR local MES engineering teams to develop, deploy and support common equipment controls program / ladder logic design & configuration control standards.
- Work with the NAR Global Information Systems (GIS) Business Relationship Managers (BRM) and site MES / SCADA engineers on the introduction of new SCADA data collection technology.
- Work with the rest of NAR team to partner with infrastructure teams to develop and maintain a scalable infrastructure to support the manufacturing technology platform(s).
Job Duties/Essential Functions
- Project / Program deployment
- Solution integration design & development of legacy shop-floor systems and the manufacturing technology platform(s).
- Strategic alignment of solution with business objectives, proactive innovation
- Solution architecture for Manufacturing
Actively develop and maintain business relationships with the North America Region concentrating on all of the manufacturing shop-floor MES engineers. Focus on the development and implementation of a manufacturing shop-floor SCADA data collection and data publishing platform(s). Collaborate with the BRM's on overseeing all Global Information Systems, work that may require input or participation from manufacturing operations & SCADA resources.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of work experience in the Manufacturing environment
- 5+ years experience supporting & deploying SCADA based shop-floor systems
- 5+ years experience supporting & designing shop-floor SCADA systems
- 5+ years of equipment controls & SCADA design and support in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of SCADA & Smart Factory solution development and deployment.
- Technical writing and SCADA based standards development & deployment.
- Technical knowledge of all standard SCADA protocols (Prophy net, Modbus, TCP, Data Highway)
- Technical and product knowledge of Manufacturing Execution Systems (Ignition - prefered, OPC, SCADA Historian, SCADA Protocols)
- Technical understanding of standalone process & equipment sensors and high-speed data collection applications
- Strong data analysis, interpretation, and experimentation skills
- Strong verbal presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated success in a team environment
- Strong decision making skills with clear goals for meetings or projects
- Experience managing multiple projects across multiple sites
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to manage change
- Ability to work independently and make autonomous decisions when necessary
- Organized with an attention to detail
Travel Requirements up to 50%
There will be a reasonable amount of travel involved in order to understand the unique nature of each plant.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Lima
Nearest Secondary Market: Findlay
Job Segment: Controls Engineer, Engineering Manager, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Geology, Engineering