Senior Maintenance Technician position in Bowling Green, Ohio.
Employees at this level will assist in the approvals of designs, for both electrical and schematics and hard wire prints. They will be seen as the expert in fabricating complex items with tight specifications. Proficient PLC troubleshooting and configuring CNC control systems. Lead and work in conjunction with operators for machine diagnosis and repair, PM’s, and machine improvements. Act as a key contact for contractors working on site under GKN direction as well as decision making for projects, with key focus on productivity goals and cost impact to the business. Various other tasks as assigned.
- Able to read complex electrical schematics and hardwire prints
- Able to wire to hardwire prints and troubleshoot electrical systems
- National Electrical Code (a plus)
- Test equipment
- Multiple meters and amp probe
- Proficient in practical wiring for new equipment to prevent future issues
- Basic understanding of and ability to repair or replace: belt drives, gear boxes, gibs, hydraulic units, pumps, cylinders, pneumatic systems, chain drives, bearings, bushings
- Basic welding techniques, stick, tig, mig, gas (as required)
- Fabricate to blueprint specifications (as required)
- Troubleshoot all mechanical systems
- Practice safe lifting and rigging techniques
- Control System
- Troubleshoot PLC’s and CNC’s
- Diagnostics of equipment utilizing PC programs for the efficient repair
- Electrical test equipment
- PC interface to various controllers
- Troubleshoot and repair stand-alone electronic equipment
- High degree of understanding of predictive maintenance techniques (vibration analysis, fluid analysis, thermographic and ball bar analysis)
- Understands and applies predictive and preventative maintenance techniques
- Develops, performs, and improves preventative maintenance tasks in assigned areas
- Identify repetitive failures and implements corrective actions
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.