SENIOR MANAGER - R&D PROCUREMENT
The Senior Manager, R&D Sourcing - Non-Clinical Services will actively support the development and implementation of strategies for the Client Non-Clinical services sourcing categories. In doing so, the Senior Manager, R&D Sourcing – Non-Clinical Services works closely with Client Legal, Global Brands R&D (including Non-Clinical, Translational Sciences, Clinical Development, and Clinical Operations, as assigned), Finance, and Global Procurement teams to ensure these strategies and their related implementation plans are managed proactively and through cross-functional teams.
This position will be directly aligned across R&D globally to ensure that all Preclinical & Early Phase services in support of clinical development that are performed by suppliers meet Client's cost, quality, and delivery requirements and will work closely with managers and leaders in each area.
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of sourcing strategies for R&D Non-Clinical services.
- Lead and support the supplier selection process, including the selection of transactional and preferred vendors, for designated programs and/or Non-Clinical services.
- Proactively support supplier management activities.
- Achieve Significant Synergies and Cost Savings.
- Develop and foster relationships with preferred/alliance suppliers to ensure clear communication, create an environment of partnership, and agreed-to contractually committed levels of service, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of multi-year strategies to align Client's most significant Non-Clinical services suppliers with the Client global clinical development plans.
- Proactively work with business partners to identify sourcing and contracting requirements in advance of supplier communications.
- Prepare, finalize, and distribute requests for proposal to suppliers with a team of internal Client stakeholders.
- Manage the receipt and internal distribution of supplier responses and, as appropriate, review proposals, conduct bid evaluation analyses, coordinate bid defenses with the supplier.
- Negotiate master services, confidentiality, service standards, and other supplier agreements.
- Interact with the Legal, Finance, and other departments, as needed, to ensure cross departmental alignment with respect to processes and policies for contract development, approval, execution, and management.
- Manage changes in contract scope, change orders, and amendments to ensure accurate and timely revisions to terms and/or services.
- Document and maintain a comprehensive category profile for the Non-Clinical services categories, as assign.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in business or relevant technical discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience in a clinical/ preclinical/early-phase outsourcing/contracts function. Ideally, with direct engagement with CROs, Toxicology Laboratories, and/or other Non-Clinical suppliers. A combination of education and professional experience is acceptable to meet these requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of contract management processes.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively with executives and senior leaders, both internally and externally.
- Excellent business/financial acumen, proficient in leading and managing cross-functional teams.
- Ability to lead, motivate, influence and drive change at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to understand the factors affecting the finances and/or operations of suppliers.
- Excellent global supplier management skills with ability foster and leverage professional relationships.
- Ability to identify and solve complex contractual, process, operational business challenge, and know when to seek assistance.
- Clear understanding of Non-Clinical R&D supplier and sponsor businesses, financial drivers, & competencies.
- Alternative location of Irvine, California will be considered.
This 6+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Cheryl: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #18-00916
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE