Brainrider is a marketing services company with teams in San Francisco, Menlo Park, and Toronto helping our clients build beautiful, effective, compelling content and campaigns.
We are a team of craftspeople. Our expertise and understanding earn our clients’ trust. We are successful when our clients value us. We hold ourselves accountable. We are driven to become better. We do our best when we work as a team.
We work in an open-concept space designed for team collaboration, filled with creativity, productivity, experimentation, and learning. Whether we’re brainstorming better marketing ideas for our clients or pushing hard to meet a tight deadline, it all happens with teamwork, adaptability, and optimism.
This is a full-time position reporting to our Menlo Park office, but working 100% on-site at our client's office in Menlo Park, CA.
Brainrider is looking for an experienced content creator and storyteller to join our client's creative studio team, partnering closely with our client's thought leaders and designers to create everything from compelling presentations, to distinct branding, to one-of-a-kind artifacts that help teams more effectively share their ideas.
One of the creative studio's superpowers is being able to bring both visual design and content expertise to bear on the challenges teams bring to them, blending the two together in magical ways.
Your regular responsibilities will include:
- Joining early project meetings to assess the state of the content, and provide ideas on what type of editorial or writing support will be needed in the project
- Refining and adding content for various deliverables as needed, often working with the project requester to better understand their subject matter and goals, helping to translate those into stronger content
- Collaborating closely with your designer partners in the creative studio, often going back and forth to build and refine ideas together, using the design to push the content, and the content to push the design
- Providing seasoned and strategic editorial support to thought leaders on things like internal presentations (e.g., All Hands), external presentations (e.g., industry events), and internal thought pieces (e.g., internal posts)
- As needed, help proof final deliverables and ensure final content appears as intended
- 8-10+ years of experience in a writing, creative strategy, content strategy, or editorial role
- Experience working closely with designers in an iterative fashion
- Experience working with Director and VP level leadership
- Impeccable grammar and technical writing skills
- Ability to learn and embody a range of tones and voices in written form, given the diversity of project types and teams we work with
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and other Adobe Creative Suite tools
- Understanding of the digital advertising industry, including exposure to digital marketing and media
This role reports to our Menlo Park office, but works 100% on-site at our client's office in Menlo Park, CA.
Compensation: annual salary of $100,000-$130,000 plus 15 days PTO per year, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and other benefits.
Impressive candidates will be invited to advance through our rigorous evaluation process.
NO AGENCIES OR RECRUITERS PLEASE.