The New York Independent System Operator (NYISO) manages the efficient flow of electricity on more than 11,000 circuit-miles of high-voltage transmission lines, dispatching power from hundreds of generating units across the state. The NYISO Market Training team’s mission is to provide NYISO market and project implementation training and education to stakeholders and NYISO employees, for the purpose of supporting the NYISO’s mission to serve the public interest and provide benefit to consumers.The NYISO’s Market Training department invites applications for a full-time Senior Market Trainer. Applicants should have a passion for educating others; possess a strong desire to learn; and be both dynamic and engaging.
NYISO Market Trainers are responsible for preparing and delivering energy market training programs to NYISO staff and customers. Each trainer “owns” specified training content and is responsible to monitor internal and external developments which affect their programs, perform needs analysis, design, develop, facilitate and evaluate training to adults.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Power, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Education or related field.
- A minimum of 7 years related training experience in a technical field is required. Experience in the electric utility industry or power systems preferred
- Knowledge of federal and state electric utility requirements and policies concerning electric system operations, bulk transmission system operations and electricity markets preferred.
- Experience with “Platform” training/public speaking to large audiences; instructional design experience on technical topics for technical and non-technical audiences.
- A demonstrated understanding and application of adult learning principles. Proficiency in Power Point.
Senior Market Trainers are required to travel anywhere from one to three times annually.
The NYISO takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and innovative reward programs.
The NYISO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.