Job Type: Full Time
Comprehensive Benefits and Salary
We are seeking an individual with strong technical skills in HVACR, energy analysis and project management to join our team at our San Luis Obispo or La Verne location in the position of Senior Mechanical and Energy Systems Engineer.
You’ll work with well-known food and beverage companies and national “cold chain” logistics operators, help deliver creative energy solutions, and broaden your knowledge and experience in the growing business of energy efficiency. You’ll play an important role in advancing technology with measurable energy and cost savings while helping to improve the global environment.
Salary: $80,000 to $105,000, depending on relevant experience and capabilities
Travel: Up to 50%
Location: San Luis Obispo, California or La Verne, California
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to develop projects, typically involving retrofits and energy efficiency improvements; including on-site surveys, project development engineering and RFPs, and assisting with technical sales presentations.
- Perform studies of energy efficiency alternatives for new and existing facilities, including improvements to refrigeration, process systems, building envelope, HVAC, lighting, etc. Studies will often require whole building/system analysis using DOE2.2R and other programs.
- Perform field studies, research reports and other consulting projects, working singly or with other VaCom engineers, as well as consultants, contractors, and customers.
- Perform surveys, complete engineering and develop RFPs for work such as equipment replacement, expansions, and refrigerant conversion projects.
- Act as project manager or assist with project management for select field installation projects, predominantly those with mechanical and electrical (power) scope.
- BSME degree.
- California PE license
- Strong fundamental skills in engineering thermodynamics, including refrigeration cycles, psychometrics and energy relationships.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. MS Office, simulation programs) and demonstrated high quality technical writing skills.
- Experience with energy analysis simulations and at least three years’ experience in relevant HVACR industry, energy efficiency, or directly related activities.
- Project management experience in an industrial environment.
Beneficial Skills and Qualifications
- Professional project management training.
- Experience with control theory and PLC control systems.
- Experience with building and/or equipment codes and standards.
- MSME, MBA or Certified Energy Manager.
- Medical, dental, and vision with 80% of the base family health premium paid by the employer.
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave.
- 401k Retirement plan with 4% employer match and profit sharing contributions.
- Section 125 medical savings account and dependent care savings account.
- $25,000 life insurance policy on every employee.
Sponsorship is not available.