Mechatronics Process Engineer
We are seeking a mechatronics Process Engineer to Advance the wedge bonding process knowledge through research and development activities.Based on market needs, this person will conceptualize and propose new product and / or process developments, supported by learning from research and development work. Additional duties will include:
- Conduct design reviews and take ideas from concept to reality. This includes designing and performing engineering and prototype builds as required.
- Develop and/or improve system capabilities on the wedge bonder equipment through innovative design and test methodology.
- As necessary, develop software and hardware tools to enable capabilities such as; executing design of experiments, troubleshoot system behavior issues, or process feasibility studies.
- Demonstrate technical expertise and promote K&S products and services through technical presentations and publications.
- Assess the potential application of company products to address customer needs. Where appropriate prepare product requirements for the development and implementation of general or customer specific solutions.
- Develop insight and understanding of the market for wedge bonding and its adjacencies.
- Develop test plans and execute experiments to analyze and characterize bonding mechanisms, new process and / or product ideas.
- Lead system and / or process related development efforts, for customer applications, or as part of new product development projects.
- Lead research and development projects to advance wedge bond interconnect solutions, in-house, or in collaboration with outside partners (customers, suppliers, universities).
- Work closely in cross-functional teams to develop process solutions related to materials, machine, method etc.
- Prepare technical reports as required. Present concepts, data, and recommendations to management or to customers and maintains reports, files, and records that are required by company policy and standard professional practices.
- Support customers in pre-sales and design cycle activities.
- Stay informed on industry wide developments and information related to core technologies by reading articles (IEEE, ASME), attending conferences, and as appropriate presenting technical papers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree / Masters Degree preferred / PhD Degree welcome, in mechatronics, mechanical engineering with experience in dynamics, robotics, systems engineering, applied physics.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in engineering or research and development
- In-depth knowledge of electro-mechanical systems a must, semiconductor materials a plus
- Experience with servo and control systems a plus
- Experience with programming, Python or Matlab, a must[CL1], C++, Java a plus
- Experience processing data in MS Excel including Macros a plus[PK2]
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) a plus[CL3]
- Experience with ultrasonics a plus
- Experience with analytical tools (SEM, EDAX) a plus
- Experience in managing a technical project a plus
- Experience in semiconductor packaging or (power) module development, ideally in design and characterization a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Plans, uses a systematic approach.
- Documents and shares information effectively. Ability to summarize complex data sets for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with statistical tools and statistical software (Minitab, JPM, etc.) a plus[CL4].
- Experience with Python programming a plus. Good written and verbal communication, interpretation, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently as well as within a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Open to new ideas, willing to learn, a fast learner.
- Collects information and knowledge from different sources (own studies / experiments, literature, customers, …).
- May be required to travel internationally to provide on-site technical support to customers, typically up to 25% annually.
Kulicke & Soffa is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.