Senior Network Engineer
- Job Label:
AssetMark seeks a knowledgeable, talented, and industrious network engineer who will work alongside the IT support team to ensure maximum performance of a high traffic network infrastructure while maintaining system integrity. The ideal candidate for the position of Sr Network Engineer is agreeable, helpful, and efficient as well as having in-depth knowledge of networks.
- Perform installation, configuration, and operation of any new or existing network infrastructure device(s) and supporting software across the enterprise. This includes all LANs, WANs, Wireless Networks, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, UPS’s, etc.
- Install, configure, maintain network services, equipment and devices.
- Support and administration of all WAN and LAN networks
- Document network problem/resolution and maintain network Runbooks
- Monitors network performance and implement network performance tuning
- Manage network vendor relations and accounts
- Ensures proper network connectivity of all sites, servers, workstations, and network devices
- Troubleshoot network related problem areas and issues as needed to resolve operational issues and restore/optimize services
- Monitor network performance and alerts
- Recommend changes to improve network systems, network configurations, and network hardware or software requirements
- Maintain knowledge of networking related topics, including emerging technologies, industry best practices, and regulatory/compliance related concerns
- Manage all network security solutions
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience
- 5 years minimum experience in a multi-site WAN network environment
- Experience with network management tools such as SolarWinds/Cisco Prime/ICE
- Experience supporting Windows, Linux and UNIX systems/applications on Cisco networking technologies.
- Possess good written and verbal skills needed to present to all demographics within the business and across all mediums.
- Cisco Network Routing and Switching
- Cisco Wireless LAN controllers
- Silver Peak WAN appliances
- Palo Alto Firewall appliances
- Network Load Balancers
- Network Analyzer and/or Monitoring Tools
- Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CNE, CCIE
- Bachelor's degree in IT or a related technical field
AssetMark, Inc. is a leading strategic provider of groundbreaking investment and consulting solutions created to serve independent financial advisors and help them create great outcomes for their clients. Through a consistent program of engagement, education and community-building, AssetMark brings like-minded advisors together to share their ideas, experiences and solutions. This collaboration guides our development of investment, client relationship and practice management tools that advisors can tap to help clients achieve their investment objectives and life goals.
We are always seeking bright, creative, energetic individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. AssetMark is an innovative organization, delivering the best services in the industry. We offer a rewarding work environment, competitive salaries, full benefits, and excellent opportunities for career growth. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area. We also have regional offices in Chicago, IL, Phoenix, AZ, Encino, CA, and State College, PA. Become a part of our growing team today!
- Related Keywords:
- software engineering, software engineer, systems engineering, network administrator, network engineer, computer software engineer, senior software engineer, senior network engineer, senior network administrator