The primary goal of the Sr. Network Engineer is to provide highly available and high performing network engineered solutions for our internal customers. The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for the design process and facilitating the installation of the design. The candidate must be well versed with the advanced engineering of data networking to include; core network infrastructure, multiprotocol routers, multi-layer access and distribution switches, network security devices along with knowledge of how CAT6A copper and fiber optic cabling interconnect.
Desired Experience, Skills and Work Ethic/Qualifications
- Detailed knowledge of IP and Ethernet Based Data Network Technology. Engineering design concepts & fundamentals to include network security devices, multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches and Wireless platforms.
- Cisco multiprotocol router and multilayer switching experience is required.
- Juniper multiprotocol router and multilayer switching experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- Strong understanding of Network Security.
- Knowledge of MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching).
- Knowledge of how wireless works.
- Effective computer skills including detailed knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Products to include Visio, Power Point, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Demonstrate strong technical documentation skills.
- Small project leadership experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experienced in developing project estimates.
- Analytical, abstract thinking and problem solving skills.
- A self starter.
- Work effectively within a team environment.
- Willing to adhere to established best practices, standards, change management policies and procedures.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work flow.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Cisco, CCIE Routing and Switching, CCNP Routing and Switching, CCDP or related experience
- 6-8 years data network engineering/design experience.