RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client who is seeking a self-motivated, organized and hardworking Senior Network Engineer in Houston, Texas (TX). This individual will be responsible for all aspects of network engineering including, but not limited to the following networks: Routing, Switching, Optical transport, Cable Television, Voice.
- College degree in engineering or technical field and 7 or more years of experience in with a service provider; Vendor certifications may be used in lieu of experience (2 years for CCNA, 4 years for CCNP)
- Experience with multiple versions of Cisco (XE/XR/iOS) required
- Engineering level escalations for all services
- Routing/Switching, Carrier/Service Provider experience preferred
- Demonstrated Cisco ASA firewall management
- Demonstrated site to site VPN deployment
- Knowledge in advanced networking configurations (BGP, OSPF, Spanning Tree)
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Advanced troubleshooting (DHCP, DNS, NTP, FTTx)
- This individual must be proficient in precision and accuracy when working with numbers and must be able to successfully pass MVR check to drive company vehicle
- FTTH (Aurora, Adtran) preferred
- Metaswitch or other voice platform preferred
- DOCSIS experience is a plus
- Network design experience is a plus
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.