RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking an IT Senior Network Engineer (NE) in New York, New York (NY).
The successful applicant is responsible for the design, implementation, engineering and administration of the companies wired and wireless network infrastructure supporting a 24x7 mission-critical environment. These systems are components of IT infrastructure supporting a large e-Commerce website, plant operations, delivery logistics and general business services. The preferred candidate is a self-starter and well-rounded professional with strong knowledge in Cisco networking technologies in the routing, switching, security and wireless verticals.
The candidate is passionate about technology and eager to work with team members in a fast-paced environment developing solutions supporting business objectives. The incumbent will lead or support numerous exciting projects including support for opening new sites, network optimization projects, wireless deployments, infrastructure upgrades, etc. Many of these projects will include disaster recovery and business continuity deliverables and general alignment with best practices.
- Design, maintain, and manage an enterprise-wide network infrastructure
- Maintain a complex wired and wireless network infrastructure supporting an e-Commerce environment as well as multiple plant operations, corporate environment and remote locations in the tristate area
- Develop and document network standards, device templates, etc.
- Develop implementation plans, test plans, and project timelines for various network projects
- Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve critical network connectivity issues; provide senior level escalation for complex problems
- Resolve standard network issues and provide daily routine support using an internal ticketing system
- Work with multiple internal teams and provide IT Network Engineering support for their various projects
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 10+ years of network engineering experience, with a minimum of five (5) years working in a senior network engineering role
- CCNP Routing and Switching - Required
- CCNP Wireless or extensive wireless experience - Highly preferred
- CCIE Routing and Switching (Written or Lab)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and hands-on experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches, wireless devices and firewalls
- Experience with routing/switching protocols (EIGRP, BGP, HSRP, STP, LACP etc.), IP addressing and protocols (TCP/UDP)
- Experience with Cisco Nexus 5K, Fabric Extenders (2K) and NX-OS
- Experience with Site-to-Site VPNs, Remote Access VPNs and DMVPN
- Experience with installing, configuring and troubleshooting Cisco wireless access points and controllers
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls (site-to-site VPN and remote access VPN)
- Experience with WAN deployments including design, implementation and troubleshooting of various types of circuits (T-1, DS-3, MPLS, ELAN, DIA, etc.)
- Strong understanding TCP/IP, SNMPv2c/v3, NTP, AAA, TACACS, SSHv2, RADIUS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP and other standard protocols
- Experience with industry standard network monitoring, management and packet analysis tools to monitor and troubleshoot network/application performance and connectivity problems (SolarWinds, Cisco Prime, Cisco ACS, WireShark, AirMagnet, etc.)
- PCI compliance experiences a plus
- Remote site visits required in the tristate area
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.