The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of the Company's internal network, including hosted and cloud environments. This position provides expert technical assistance to team members with high-level system and networking requests. This role will be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing complex infrastructures.
The Senior Network Engineer will provide onsite and remote support to our customers who have critical response time requirements. S/he will work independently and as a member of a team to support the Help Desk and Systems Administration Department, urgently analyze technical issues, and address Level 4 escalations as well as work with the project manager on team related projects and troubleshoot over the phone, onsite, and via remote access.
This role will successfully demonstrate the skills required to secure and manage network infrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate threats, and reduce costs.
- Provide technical services and support for the following areas:
- Network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Internal systems, cloud and network infrastructure
- Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, SQL
- Virtualization technologies: VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
- Perform network assessments and security audits
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the SolarWinds remote monitoring and management system
- Deploy and troubleshoot Cisco as well as other network technologies
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
- Communication with customers and internal User Support as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Available for other network engineers and systems administrators in seeking resolution to network-related issues
- Interface with systems administrators, management, vendors, and clients to estimate and design additions to Company’s internal data communication network for company operations, ensuring secure and continuous network connectivity in the enterprise.
- Implement network architecture by deploying recommended products and technologies, and utilization of existing networking and security infrastructure to the highest potential, with emphasis on operational performance, availability, maintainability, and adherence to technology standards and practices.
Education / Experience:
- Familiarity with: VPNs, VOIP, SIP Trunking, BGP, VLAN, Large Scale Wireless Deployments
- Must have at least a second or advanced level Cisco certification; CCIE (Cisco Certified 010 Expert); CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) preferred
- Experience with Voice Technologies (POTS, PRI, RTP, H.323, SIP Trunking)
- WAN Technology Experience (MPLS, VPLS, VPN)
- Experience with Routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Experience with Switching (Capacity Planning and VLANs)
- Security Software experience such as IDS,IPS, SEIM, Anti-Spyware, and other security related technologies
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or relevant technical field and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 7-10 years of experience in data networking design and implementation
- Experience implementing network architecture
- Experience designing, analyzing, evaluating, testing, and implementing enterprise data network systems and equipment
- Demonstrated experience interfacing effectively and collaborating with internal employees, and all levels of management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in
- Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers
- Must demonstrate effective decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning