Apex Systems has an opening for a Sr. Oracle DBA position in St. Pete, FL. Key details are below. If interested, please send your most updated resume to Lexi Naetzker at email@example.com
Role: Senior Oracle DBA
Location: St. Pete, FL
As a Senior Database administrator, you will be part of a dynamic team that administers and manages complex database systems. You will create, manage and monitor performance and tuning of databases. You will be responsible for data warehousing design, data architecture strategy design and capacity planning. In this role, you are the primary on the most complex or escalated issues and may provide direction and guidance team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures availability, security and integrity of assigned databases.
- Implements data models and database designs and enables applications with efficient back-end access and processing.
- Resolves database performance, capacity, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- Installs and configures database management software (DBMS) and applicable service packs and/or patches.
- Develops and implements database maintenance plans, including performing integrity checks, updating statistics and monitoring security and hardware resource utilization.
- Establishes regular backups of databases and transaction logs.
- Manages logins and user accounts, including assigning database object permissions and ancillary privileges.
- Schedules and manages jobs for data transfers and sundry procedures and monitors performance and impact on operations.
- Participates in data modeling and database logical and physical design.
- Participates in application development processes and code reviews of database objects.
- Analyzes long-term database performance trends to optimize database and application performance.
- Configures database server to work with middleware, web servers and OnLine Analytical Processing (OLAP) and Data Warehouse tools.
- Configures, supports, and optimizes replication.
- Participates in supporting on-call rotation
- Performs acceptance testing on computer systems, applications and hardware.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of relevant experience including relational database programming experience or combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in Financial Services or other regulated industry preferred.
- Experience in Oracle 12c, ASM, ZFS Appliance, database monitoring
- Extensive experience in RMAN backup and recovery, Exadata patching procedure, exposure to ODA and PCA systems
- Experience with the following Oracle products and options: Oracle RDBMS Enterprise Edition, Real Application Clusters (RAC), Replication solutions such as Data Guard and Golden Gate, Exadata and other engineered systems, Multitenant, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Experience with PL/SQL code development and tuning
- Extensive experience in performance tuning and analysis using AWR, ASH
- Scripting and automation using shell scripting, Perl, Python, etc.
- Exposure to ITIL principles a plus.
- Capacity planning for all aspects of a database system (storage, compute, memory, etc.)
- Understanding of networking and connectivity and how it relates to a database environment.
- Informed position on cloud services and options
- Ability to occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
- None required.
Competencies and Behaviors:
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178