Founded in 2001, our law firm is a pioneer in corporate and securities transactional law. We have created, reinforced and cultivated a superior business and service model by offering sophisticated, full-service legal counsel within the public and private sectors, robust educational platforms, and broad media-friendly marketing programs. We are proud of our stellar reputation and currently service over 400 premium clients, 50 of which are publicly-traded companies. We offer an innovative culture, dynamic leadership, and highly competitive compensation.
We are currently seeking a high-level and experienced paralegal. This position has broad responsibility and scope and involves, among other things, a wide variety of corporate and securities matters. The successful candidate will be very detail-oriented and eager to learn and grow and will be able to utilize independent judgment, prioritize competing assignments and be extremely responsive in a fast-paced environment, all while maintaining excellent relationships with high-dollar-value clients.
In this role you will:
Complete required corporate and regulatory filings for:
* OTC Markets
* NYSE and NASDAQ
* Blue Sky
And responsibilities are expected to include:
* Assist with SEC filings.
* Obtain EINs, good standing certificates and other necessary documents
* Keep all minute books, corporate seals, etc.
* Proof, edit and correct legal forms and documentation
* Manage transactions; closing binders, trackers, etc.
* Maintain and update director and officer information
* Compile and authenticate signature sets
* Assist with the internal reorganization of entities as required
* Understand transaction structures (mergers, share exchanges, offerings, etc.)
* Systemize share issuances, cancellations, and exchanges with transfer agents, including preparation of instruction letters, shareholder lists, stock powers, etc.
* Maintain corporate compliance for current and acquired legal entities
* Prepare officer closing certificates, etc.
* Draft formatted Articles, Bylaws, employment agreements, etc.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment as necessary.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to communicate effectively, with impeccable written and oral communication skills.
* Discretion handling confidential information.
* Skillful project manager with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects in a highly demanding environment.
* Stellar organizational and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated track record of managing the details required of a paralegal.
* Five years or more of corporate governance or related legal experience with a corporate and securities law firm.
* Highly responsive and a collaborative team player
* Self-starting and proactive, with a strong ability to work autonomously on multiple projects.
* Hands-on, energetic and motivated self-starter who is intellectually curious
* Able to build strong client relationships
A paralegal certification is preferred but not required. Applicants possessing Associate or Bachelor's Degree (English major or Business major) and/or a Paralegal Certificate from an ABA Certified program will be given priority consideration. Applicants should have at least 5 years of experience as a paralegal in a corporate law firm.
All applicants should live within a commutable distance to the Firm's main office in West Palm Beach. We offer competitive salary and benefits and will provide additional information to suitable candidates.