JOBSUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Under the direction of an assignedsupervisor, this position tests and maintains treated water systems, andoperates the high-pressure boiler, power plant, and cooling plant for theHealth Science Center.
- Operates heating and cooling plant equipment that includes boilers that generate pressure in excess of 15 PSI and centrifugal chillers ranging in size up to 1500 tons.
- Logs entries daily as to the functions of the equipment daily check sheet.
- Repairs and maintains equipment as necessary.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks associated with the boilers and chillers and supporting equipment.
- Performs daily water sample readings on closed looped systems.
- Generates and maintains electronic and paper records.
- Orders parts through the supervisor.
- Cleans and maintains mechanical rooms.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION: High School diploma orGED. (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years ofexperience assisting in the operation and maintenance of high-pressure boilersin excess of 15 PSI, operating boilers greater than 5HP and monitoringrefrigeration equipment greater than 40 tons; one (1) year experience testingand treating hydronic systems.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Shelby County first class steam operatinglicense required; A Shelby County first class refrigeration operating licenseis preferred. Validdriver’s license required. (COPY OF LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONis REQUIRED)
PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS:Ability to lift 75 lbs.Ability to climb and work from ladders for extended periods.Ability tomanage air conditioning equipment greater than 40 tons.
- Working knowledge of BAS systems is required.
- Computer skills with windows systems isrequired.
- Ability to communicate by use of telephone orRadio.
WORK SCHEDULE:This position is required toreport to designated work location to ensure operation of essential campusfunctions or departments during an emergency, or when the University has suspendedor delayed operations. Must be flexible with the work schedule. This positionworks rotating shifts. May frequently work weekends and evenings.
Primary Location: US-Tennessee-Memphis
Organization: Facilities Administration-Evc
Education Level: Full-time
Job Posting: Oct 6, 2020, 11:27:22 AM
Job Posting: false
Work Schedule: 205526