Part of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener - with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world - we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
Infineon Technologies Americas Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Employment at Infineon is contingent upon proof of your legal right to work in the United States under applicable law, verification of satisfactory references and successful completion of a background check and drug test, and signing all your on-boarding documents.
In some instances, if applicable, U.S. export control laws require that Infineon obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing technologies to certain persons. This offer is contingent upon Infineon's ability to satisfy these export control laws as related to your employment and anticipated job activities. The decision whether or not to submit and/or pursue an export license to satisfy this contingency, if applicable, shall be at Infineon's sole discretion.
You will be part of Infineon's International Rectifier HiRel Products, Inc. division which markets components that meet particularly high demands and survive under extreme environmental conditions. Application areas include space systems, commercial aviation, medical, oil and gas drilling, undersea telecommunication cable and defense technologies. IR HiRel offers a comprehensive portfolio of power management solutions with highly reliable, robust discretes and ICs, high temperature DC-DC converters, solid state relays and motor controllers.
In your new role you will:
- Develop new manufacturing processes and assembly techniques with the emphasis on the implementation of automation
- Provide input during the product design phase to ensure optimal manufacturability
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements
- Perform mechanical assembly and fabrication
- Design tooling and fixtures for manufacturing by collaborating with the mechanical and electrical engineering teams
- Assists in creating, modifying and revising manufacturing work instructions and process flow documentation
- Reliability Monitoring
- Work with Design, Test, and Quality Engineering to implement yield and quality enhancements
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A BS degree in a technical discipline, such as mechanical, chemical or metallurgical engineering preferred. (or equivalent experience)
- 10+ years' experience providing technical and process support in a manufacturing environment, with specific experience in assembly and packaging of electro-mechanical parts and components
- Note: Wafer fab experience is not applicable experience for this position
- Knowledge of hybrid product technology and processes such as solder and epoxy component attach, aluminum and gold wire bonding, thick film printing and materials and package sealing
- Knowledge and working experience with industry standards such as MIL-PRF-38534, MIL-STD-883 and IPC - 610
- General mechanical assembly and fabrication experience
- Familiarity with AutoCAD software. Solid Works is preferred
- Practical knowledge of DOE, 6-Sigma and lean manufacturing concepts
- Proven background in problem solving, statistics, manufacturing quality, and quality principles
- Strong multi-tasking skills. Completes several concurrent tasks in an efficient and accurate manner
- Experience working in fast pace, dynamic environment, with limited supervision: self-starter
- Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization and follow up skills
Possess leadership skills and ability to be lead in a manner that is consistent with our positive and productive work environment
- Emphasizes personal and professional growth. Keeps knowledge and skills current
- Must rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals in a variety of tasks
- Ability to be part of team and communicate effectively with all levels within the organization