Blount International, Inc. has an exceptional Senior Process Engineer opportunity at our headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
We are committed to excellence in our people, products, performance, and profits. We believe our team members are the foundation of our Company's success, and we are committed to continuous improvement and learning, exceptional quality, connecting with our customer, and good relationships with our team members.
The successful candidate will lead highly complex equipment and process designs as well as technical research and concept development with minimal oversight. Key responsibilities include: developing manufacturing solutions which meet all customer requirements including product design parameters, schedule, cost, and performance; leads manufacturing R&D projects through discovery, development, and deployment. This position is accountable for identifying areas of opportunity for new processes based on customer needs; and participating in cross-functional strategy and direction for manufacturing technology. This role also coordinates all technical elements and leads technical communication within project teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Lead or contribute to large scale projects related to new product implementation, manufacturing process efficiency, and manufacturing technology R&D
- Develop and implement a diverse range of automated assembly, processing, and inspection equipment, and other electro/mechanical equipment for high volume manufacturing
- Apply automation knowledge across engineering areas including; product, processes, tooling, machines and systems in the design and the implementation of new custom equipment and processes
- Apply new technologies to prototypes and early process development concepts
- Lead formal and informal projects and participate in developing departmental processes
- Develop architecture/concepts for designs and large, complex assemblies; apply new technologies to prototypes
- Coordinate training of production and maintenance personnel on new processes and equipment
- Create or lead equipment documentation to support new process and equipment in post release.
- Develop standard process development approaches and work with peers and cross functional engineers on formal peer review of new designs and processes
- Identify and develop process improvements improving quality, cost, performance,
- Manage communication and assignments up and down the organization; hold others accountable for project organization and meeting goals and deadlines
- Collaborate with cross functional teams while offering potential solutions, sustain an atmosphere of open communication among all team members and external and internal stakeholders
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Engineering required: major in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering preferred
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5 or more years of experience including equipment design for an industrial, high volume production environment
- Solid understanding of required technical systems and processes
- Strong experience in process development to support new products is required
- Fully competent in manufacturing and engineering fundaments such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, House of Quality, Design of Experiments, analysis of alternatives
- Demonstrated decision making, organizational, interpersonal, and team skills
- Demonstrated flexibility, and adaptability to changing priorities
- Able to apply advanced understanding and experience in manufacturing processes to ensure designs are stable and robust in manufacturing
- Able to complete all responsibilities in a timely and professional manner
- Excellent problem-solving skills for complex systems; able to analyze, research relevant information and gauge its importance when making decisions
- Collaborative and effective team player who understands communication differences among locations and can work with teams who are globally dispersed
- Proven skills in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) 3D modeling (SolidWorks); data management and ERP systems
- Capable of handling high workloads in a dynamic work environment
- Available to work on site as required by job, eligible for domestic and international travel; approximately 10% travel may be required
ABOUT BLOUNT INTERNATIONAL, INC:
Blount is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for consumers and professionals operating primarily in two market segments: Forestry, Lawn, and Garden (“FLAG”); and Farm, Ranch, and Agriculture (“FRAG”). Blount also sells products in the construction markets and is the market leader in manufacturing saw chain and guide bars for chain saws. We also supply original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with cutting attachments.
Blount’s global manufacturing and distribution footprint includes manufacturing, sales, and distribution facilities in the United States, Canada, Japan, Brazil, China, and Europe. Blount offers products under the brand names OREGON®, Carlton®, Woods®, KOX, SpeeCo®, ICS®, and Pentruder. For more information, visit www.blount.com.
Blount will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.