Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 35,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
Where else can you work alongside talented people, develop a rewarding career and create impactful tools for some of the world’s most prominent nonprofits? It's not something you find every day, but we have it all and more:
- A growing, fast-paced software business
- An environment where you can thrive professionally
- Cloud technology built on an open platform
- Innovative product discovery and development process
- Knowing you are providing meaningful change in the world
We are seeking a Product Manager to join our Developer Platform & Integrations team, who is responsible for extending our open platform to developers and grow the social good app ecosystem.
The Product Management team is responsible for leading Blackbaud’s strategic product objectives by developing and delivering solutions that delight and inspire our customers and their constituents. You will be expected to be a “product owner,” a market and customer problem expert, and a team leader.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to expand our innovative developer platform and third-party integrations with a team of highly motivated product management, engineering, and usability design and research professionals in an organization that is highly invested in creating exceptional product experiences.
- Become an API thought leader and subject matter expert.
- Help drive the product strategy and roadmap for the Blackbaud developer platform.
- Coordinate and participate in developer events, industry conferences, webinars, and speaking engagements.
- Ensure focus on the developer community by communicating and building rapport with developers and advocate for developer needs throughout the product planning and development process.
- Get to know our customers’ and partners’ use cases in depth, and how they could use our APIs and tools to solve their challenges.
- Lead an Agile cadence to bring solutions to market iteratively through short-cycle design and scrum interaction.
- Create product backlog/requirement documents (epics, stories, etc.) to guide engineering in developing the platform features, and work closely with engineering and design to execute the product feature per specification.
- Work on a team of high-performing product professionals in a very collaborative environment.
- Work collaboratively across many other teams to drive product success in all business, development and operation areas.
- Develop and maintain strong product management, design, development, and pragmatic marketing skills.
- Work with marketing and non-technical stakeholders to communicate the value of our APIs, developer tools and integrated solutions.
- Help measure and drive global business results for the product.
- Conduct competitive analysis and maintain information repositories of competitive activity.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or other technical major.
- Strong technical acumen and enjoyment of deeply technical topics
- Experience with REST APIs and software integrations, with an understanding of what a great developer experience looks like.
- Ability to prioritize numerous simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Passion for helping nonprofit organizations of all sizes.
- Adept at understanding and curious about new technologies, systems, and tools.
- Superior detail orientation, organization, and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to understand and explain complex topics in simple terms; ability to run effective meetings; comfortable presenting and interacting at all levels of an organization.
- Outstanding relationship and partnering skills (internal and external). Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to achieve results through influence.
- Can-do attitude with a demonstrated ability to get things done under minimal supervision and drive results with cross-functional teams.
- 3+ years experience in relevant Product Management roles at a commercial software or cloud company.
- Experience in Pragmatic Marketing and Scrum or other Agile development practices, methodologies and tools is preferred.
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.