Title: Senior Product Manager - IPT
Our Mission: At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Who we are: STERIS is a growing provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services through our family of wholly owned subsidiaries.
The Sr. Product Manager will develop a 3-5 year vision for a software product line and the strategies and tactics to implement that vision. This person will be responsible for new product development, market development, marketing communications and product training to achieve global sales and marketing objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Determine market needs, develop business plans and strategic objectives, create product specifications and determine product positioning, utilizing various market research methods
- Develops business case for new product development projects and presents them during Portfolio Management Reviews to gain support and approval
- Creates the five year global product road maps reflecting projected sales by geography and showing the required R & D investment
- Gathers and analyzes information on competitive product offerings and technologies, determines competitive strategies and tactics and communicates the information to field sales
- Analyzes sales and marketing data to determine trends and market share
- Participates in cross-functional, new product development teams
- Regularly interacts with customers through site visits, showroom presentations, professional societies and tradeshow activities
- Develops and delivers sales training programs that allow for easy assimilation of product knowledge, enhance sales skills and increase knowledge of competitive product positioning
- Collaborates with Marketing Communications to create and maintain effective marketing collaterals, advertising campaigns and sales tools
- Provides prompt, comprehensive field support regarding application and use of products on a daily basis
- Develops creative, winning sales and customer promotional incentives to support sales and marketing objectives
- Participates on relevant standards committees and helps to ensure product compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements
- Collects and monitors Customer feedback via difference methods and drives continuous product and process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health science, engineering or other technical discipline. MBA in Marketing highly desirable
- Requires 5+ years marketing experience with specific experience in a medical capital equipment environment OR software industry
- Demonstrated problem-solving, negotiation, analytical and project management skills
- Demonstrated strategic ability to plan, execute and achieve sales, profit requirements and associated performance metrics
- Proven organizational effectiveness across all related areas that impact their product line(s)
- High degree of technical aptitude and multi-tasking capability
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and interpersonal skills, with track record of successfully motivating cross functional teams
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
– Product must have technical complexity or aspects of the product must be technically complex
– Channel and/or customer must have inherent complexity and critical issues
– Product offering must have a high level of complexity (i.e., # of SKUs, size of line, etc.)
– The product must have key financial importance to the company
- May have an Associate Product Manager assigned
NATURE OF PROBLEM SOLVING
- Complex problem-solving situations involving internal business process development, intradepartmental collaboration, customer satisfaction, and tactical business decisions
EMPOWERMENT AND DECISIONS MAKING ENVIRONMENT
- Self motivated, acts independently and takes the initiative in problem solving and decision making
- Worldwide marketing responsibility for selected products
STERIS plc is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 14,000 employees worldwide. We are dedicated to providing our Customers with innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and health science technologies, products and services.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation(s) to complete this application and/or during the interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources department at 440-392-7047.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Segment: Medical, Engineer, Communications, Marketing Communications, Healthcare, Engineering, Marketing